PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed Duvets

tiredmum
11-11-2010, 10:50 PM
Hi everyone..I love making things myself. I am very impressed with all the jt's making things that would normally be thrown out. I have made large continental pillows out of old duvets. I first wash the duvets in the bath and when its dry, i 'rip' the inner apart. They are perfect for making your own bedroom or sitting room pillows/cushions. I make the covers out of sheets that i don't use and fill them with the duvet inner. I have pics that i will put up soon. Also, I made a radiator cover out of old bed slats, and a table i bought at a carboot sale. I tiled this myself. I love looking at the fantastic ideas everyone has on this site and there are a few things that i will be trying.

unapam
13-11-2010, 04:34 PM
Hi, I love that rad cover and the black and white table. Great ideas. Can't wait to see the duvet makeover pics.

Chris P
13-11-2010, 04:36 PM
Nice work, tiredmum. Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

tiredmum
13-11-2010, 11:06 PM
Hi, sorry for the kids in the pix..can't find one without them on it. I made the covers out of sheet material. I am a Guineys junkie and buy all my bedding from them. The black curtains in the background of the first pic is made from Kingsize flat sheets. I also made this 'sunshine mirror' out of dowling rods and a round bathroom mirror.

Gormal
13-11-2010, 11:29 PM
Fab ideas, I love the mirror, great feature.

unapam
14-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Love the mirror and all of it. Unique pieces!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
14-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Hi there, well done. I love the radiator cover and the mirror. My kind of thinking--make something new out of something else. Hope you have a great sense of satisfaction now they're done. Keep showing your work, great to share ideas. Eibhlin.

Rachelirl
09-12-2010, 01:57 PM
Well done, yo've done great work.

I've started doing a similar thing with old pillows, cushions etc. I've made some cylindrical shaped bolster cushions for beds and sofas; they look really good and are a great way to recycle old stuff you already have at home.

They also add that little extra bit of luxury!!

Rachel

tiredmum
11-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Thanks Rachel. I would love to see your 'works of art'..I have 2 monk's benches I would like to cover. Would love to get an idea for it from your designs. I trust that will be ok with you.

paprika
02-05-2011, 02:56 PM
They are really nice! I especially love the radiator cover! I might steal your idea to cover up the radiators in our cottage ;)

tiredmum
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Hi Paprika, glad u like them. Post some pix of yours when its done. Would love to see what you did. I originally painted the covers black and had red cheese-cloth inside it. Whenever I want to change the color-scheme in my sitting room, I change the cloth inside the radiator cover to suit the room decor. Hope you come up with great ideas for me to copy as well.