PDA

View Full Version : laminate flooring - can i cover internal doors

tiredmum
17-11-2010, 11:22 PM
Hello, I would appreciate any advice/tips/opinions.

We are renovating a old house and all the doors are in a very bad state.We have excess laminate flooring which we are considering putting on the internal doors. Would that be possible, and if so, how do we go about it..we are not carpenters and would appreciate help with this..thanks

intransit
18-11-2010, 08:00 AM
Hello, I would appreciate any advice/tips/opinions.

We are renovating a old house and all the doors are in a very bad state.We have excess laminate flooring which we are considering putting on the internal doors. Would that be possible, and if so, how do we go about it..we are not carpenters and would appreciate help with this..thanks

It could be glued on to a flush door, but the problem would be it might catch in the inner frame where the hinges are, preventing the door from opening and closing properly, cut a lenght to size, get someone to hold it flush to the inner edge of door and try opening and closing it, then try it on the outer edge where the handle is and open and close it again, best to try this on both sides of the door to see if it works before you glue any lenghts to it.
Would love to see photo of it if it works.

chrissybeanz
17-07-2012, 05:41 AM
Hi Mum
I don't think you will like the results once you have covered a door. What is wrong with the doors as they are? There are many cheap ways to improve old doors, hard work, but quite rewarding. If you are 'renovating' the house, the original doors refurbished, would be much more suitable. If you post some fairly detailed pictures, I might be able to help.
Gd Lk .. Chrissy

joanmul
17-07-2012, 12:09 PM
Hi Mum
I don't think you will like the results once you have covered a door. What is wrong with the doors as they are? There are many cheap ways to improve old doors, hard work, but quite rewarding. If you are 'renovating' the house, the original doors refurbished, would be much more suitable. If you post some fairly detailed pictures, I might be able to help.
Gd Lk .. Chrissy
I would second that. The doors might look really bad but they are usually good quality in old houses and worth salvaging. People pay money for these.