PDA

View Full Version : from old pillows and fabric :)

paprika
24-04-2011, 03:41 PM
I got a huge boxful of pillows from a kind JTer and from others some fabric, buttons and other bits and bobs. Here are a few of the things I made from them :)
I'll add more photos when finished with the other projects.

greenmag1
24-04-2011, 04:30 PM
hi, these are very nice,, well done,,

Scrabble
24-04-2011, 08:47 PM
These are very good. I love the bunnies and snail.
Regards
Scrabble

Gormal
25-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Fantastic, I too love the bunnies in dungarees!

paprika
25-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Thank you :)
Gormal, the Roman lady's dress might be familiar to you ;) Thank you for the lovely material!

felix1
25-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Wish I had your talent. They are all so lovely.

Chris P
25-04-2011, 11:23 PM
Nice work, Paprika. Resourceful & creative.
Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

goodasnew
26-04-2011, 01:41 AM
Love Them All!! Well Done!!!

snorry
29-04-2011, 11:06 AM
omg they are lovely really like the bunnies very creative

tantricdebs
29-04-2011, 10:46 PM
really beautiful! Well done!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
30-04-2011, 07:12 AM
Hi Paprika, love the dolls and bunnies in particular. Well done. Material is in the post to you.

paprika
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
Hi Paprika, love the dolls and bunnies in particular. Well done. Material is in the post to you.

Thank you very much! Hope the stamps were enough. I'll put up a pick of what I made of it when finished :) Hope I won't fail with it...

paprika
02-05-2011, 12:43 PM
Thank you very much everyone :) I'm totally addicted by now!:D They are made to a pattern I found on the net and I love the dressing up bit :)

paprika
09-05-2011, 05:45 PM
I used bedlinen for the clothes on this one.

Scrabble
09-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Really cute. These would make great gifts or you could sell them at a craft fair.
Regards
Scrabble

paprika
19-05-2011, 04:58 PM
Thank you Scrabble :)

momo37
21-05-2011, 10:04 AM
For the bunnies did you follow a pattern or just make them up.

I would love to have some rag dolls for my little babies...if it it is a pattern would you be able to send me the link?

paprika
22-05-2011, 09:07 PM
For the bunnies did you follow a pattern or just make them up.

I would love to have some rag dolls for my little babies...if it it is a pattern would you be able to send me the link?

Pming you :)

paprika
23-05-2011, 09:29 PM
I made this teddy for my elder daughter using up the remains of old trousers and a ribbon and embroidery thread I got on JT. The heart is made from a torn tight.

paprika
28-05-2011, 04:21 PM
A quick pressie :) Just realized after I finished that even the red string is half a zip!

corkmammybear
03-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Wow they are really lovely, doing a massive house declutter so if I come across anything will keep you in mind,
If you ever set up a business of selling them let me know as they would be lovely gifts for my neices
Keep up the great work!

paprika
03-06-2011, 07:22 PM
Wow they are really lovely, doing a massive house declutter so if I come across anything will keep you in mind,
If you ever set up a business of selling them let me know as they would be lovely gifts for my neices
Keep up the great work!

Thank you! :)

Pepperpixie
09-06-2011, 07:33 PM
wow well done paprika, are you hand stitching or using a machine?? god i'd love to be able to sew!! really love the bunnies in the dungarees they're fab!

paprika
10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
wow well done paprika, are you hand stitching or using a machine?? god i'd love to be able to sew!! really love the bunnies in the dungarees they're fab!

I used a machine for most of the stitches, but a lot on the clothes is done by hand. I learned to sew while making them :) Never done anything before.

rubyruby
15-06-2011, 10:13 AM
thanks for sending me the link for the patterns for the bunnies.. hope to start sewing this weekend.. will they look as good as yours ??? only time will tell.. do you hand sew the arms on or can they be sewn on when sewing the body together... cant wait to get started thanks again...love them...

griz1
17-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Hi Paprika, love the bunnies!! can you pm me the link? thanks a mill

sparkwell
19-06-2011, 08:41 PM
I really love your creations Paprika especially the bunnies they seem to each have a character of their own! I have some bits and bobs of material that I'll put together for you if you give me a few days.
Sparkwell

shibo
22-06-2011, 10:47 PM
beautiful! you should go into business! I wish I could make something so beautiful - my daughter would be so delighted with me, but alas! :-(

paprika
11-07-2011, 05:00 PM
I really love your creations Paprika especially the bunnies they seem to each have a character of their own! I have some bits and bobs of material that I'll put together for you if you give me a few days.
Sparkwell

Thank you very much, I would be delighted with them! Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a month with my daughters. :)

Thanks shibo! :) I did sell one that I made from new materials, and from that money I bought more new fabrics ;)

Laineym
18-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Thank you very much, I would be delighted with them! Sorry for the late reply, I was away for a month with my daughters. :)

Thanks shibo! :) I did sell one that I made from new materials, and from that money I bought more new fabrics ;)

Fabulously creative Paprika - love them - would love the link too for the cute bunnies ;-)

Ps: was it you looking for the fiúntas cd ? Let me know and I'll pop it in the post to you.

Th
Laineym

paprika
27-08-2011, 01:44 PM
Fabulously creative Paprika - love them - would love the link too for the cute bunnies ;-)

Ps: was it you looking for the fiúntas cd ? Let me know and I'll pop it in the post to you.

Th
Laineym

Thanks Laineym :)
I can't find the link at the mo, will pm you when can dig it out again :S
Yes, it was me, as I got the books from a kind JTer but no CD.
Thank you very much :)

Laineym
28-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks Laineym :)
I can't find the link at the mo, will pm you when can dig it out again :S
Yes, it was me, as I got the books from a kind JTer but no CD.
Thank you very much :)

I'll pm you regarding cd ...
Laineym

siri
30-08-2011, 01:52 PM
Hi paprika, they are so cute - you should really think about setting up a business

Did you have a thread in the wanted section recently for more fabric? I have some old cotton PJ bottoms which have nice patterns and also some children's denim shorts and cord trousers which the elastic has gone out of which I could send on to you if you were interested? PM me your address if so.

paprika
30-08-2011, 05:52 PM
Hi paprika, they are so cute - you should really think about setting up a business

Did you have a thread in the wanted section recently for more fabric? I have some old cotton PJ bottoms which have nice patterns and also some children's denim shorts and cord trousers which the elastic has gone out of which I could send on to you if you were interested? PM me your address if so.

Thank you siri! I'm actually trying to set up a business, I use the JT freebies for practice and to make things for myself (and to put up on my blog :) ) and make toys and decorations from new materials. Gearing up for Christmas already, really placing all hopes in the Christmas markets!!

I do have a wanted thread and I'm really grateful for all fabric, buttons, ribbons and other bits and bobs. I'll pm you now ;)

mbd
30-08-2011, 07:54 PM
OMG they are fab.... could you please send me the link for pattern as trying to teach my 7 year old to sew and these would be brilliant as with so many parties coming up would make great gifts especially if she had a hand in making them...

Keep up the great work.

TickTock
30-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Paprika, you are so talented. I've always been short on sewing skills but wouldn't mind giving one of these a go just to see how I get on. Would you put up the link to the pattern here on JT for all your fans please?

Pepperpixie
31-08-2011, 10:09 AM
Thank you siri! I'm actually trying to set up a business, I use the JT freebies for practice and to make things for myself (and to put up on my blog :) ) and make toys and decorations from new materials. Gearing up for Christmas already, really placing all hopes in the Christmas markets!!

I do have a wanted thread and I'm really grateful for all fabric, buttons, ribbons and other bits and bobs. I'll pm you now ;)

great work paprika, good luck with your venture, what's your blog or is it for family/friends only??

the harvest mouse
01-09-2011, 12:12 AM
hi paprika,
love your bunnies i would like to buy some for my grand daughter and my autistic grandson who both love teddies and cuddly toys, tell me would you have any use for an industrial sewing machine and an overlocker??? (i will have them checked out first) do you have a blog ? pm me if you have time regards the machines and your blog if you dont mind........the harvest mouse

paprika
09-09-2011, 01:48 PM
Sorry it took me so long... Here is the link to my pattern. The original version can be found in Tone Finnanger: Crafting springtime gifts.
Hope the link works.
https://picasaweb.google.com/110121124361347380457/TulipCottage?authkey=Gv1sRgCOzln9S3rJHhLA#5650354326230067410

And the blog is: www.tulip-cottage.blogspot.com

mbd
15-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Thank you so much for the link Paprika, can't wait to try them out.....

TickTock
15-09-2011, 11:24 PM
Thank you! As I have no great expectations of my skills I can be no more than curious at what I may produce.

paprika
20-09-2011, 03:13 PM
Post a pick of what you make, I'd love to see them too!

TickTock
20-09-2011, 08:20 PM
You couldn't mean me surely, - maybe you mean mbd? Ha! That would be going too far for me methinks! I had an elderly but very alert and 'crafty' relative visiting today to help me with some sewing - she is still laughing at my methods!!! She's 'old school' and is expert in fourteen crafts (she counted them!!). What must she be thinking of me?(sigh!).

raisincake
23-09-2011, 07:24 AM
hi i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee what u make... id love to get prices from u for a snail he is sooo cute be lovely for hubby for christmas or after...

i have boxes i mean bigg boxes of buttons think they are perfect for u there are hundreds of buttons green and red and cream.. my e mail is apple_tree@live.ie and i live in greystones

raisincake
23-09-2011, 07:28 AM
I got a huge boxful of pillows from a kind JTer and from others some fabric, buttons and other bits and bobs. Here are a few of the things I made from them :)
I'll add more photos when finished with the other projects.
that one be lovely in christmas material ,,,,, and for easter with a little duck handing down..