PDA

View Full Version : Garden Table

shonastar
20-06-2011, 09:09 AM
I can't put into words how much I love this table (and easiest before and after ever).
Sanded the top and gave it 3/4 coats of heavy duty varnish. However, the chairs I was making were an epic fail, too embarrassed to even post pics! You can see in the background that I've started work on the other tiled wall, hopefully will get to finish that soon.

Thanks for looking!
Shonastar x

Gormal
20-06-2011, 09:40 AM
OMG! how gorgeous is that table......... wow... love it and the wall too.

Linn
20-06-2011, 09:53 AM
WOW thats a fab job and a cute little lady in the picture to x x x

TickTock
20-06-2011, 10:19 AM
Fantastic! I can just see Frodo, Bilbo, Samwise and Pip sitting round it having a few good deep mugs of beer!!

Mandolin
20-06-2011, 12:04 PM
That's stunning. TickTock has it nailed, it's very middle-earthy - absolutely lovely.

shonastar
20-06-2011, 07:42 PM
A big thank you to everyone who commented, I love the middle earthy vibe, and you are all welcome to join me, Frodo and the boys for a tankard of beer around the table (just have to magic up some chairs and we're sorted!)
I've decided to make some benches for either side, so that's another one for the to-do list.
Thanks again,
Shonastar

penelope
21-06-2011, 05:04 AM
what an incredible piece of furniture! you have done a terrific job!

BigDave
21-06-2011, 12:35 PM
You Cant Buy that kind of Quality!! good on ye.....!!

shonastar
21-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Thanks Penelope and BigDave, I wish I could take the credit for making this, but I found it on a second hand website for 50 euro, which is why I love it so much!

tudlytops
21-06-2011, 09:53 PM
fantastic....:)

melissabell
22-06-2011, 08:35 PM
That is breath taking!!!! I love it, did you make the whole thing or were you restoring it? It's gorgeous!!!

shibo
22-06-2011, 10:42 PM
amazing table, what a beautiful finish! You must be a very patient person and a bit of a perfectionist! The walls you've done are equally amazing. What grouting did you use - is there a special outdoor one? Can you do it if rain is imminent?

shonastar
23-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Hi Shibo, there are 2 types of adhesive, rapid set and normal, if I thought rain was imminent I'd probably use rapid set, normal takes about 5 hours to dry. As for grout, I'd stick to wide join grout, there's a grout available that is used in swimming pools, but most grouts are suitable for both indoor and outdoor use (it'll say on the pack). There's a brand called Bal that does different colour grouts, but it's also super expensive! I probably wouldn't grout a wall if I thought it would rain soon after. It only needs an hour or 2 to dry. Having said that, I've been caught out by a few showers, and nothing happened.
Hope that helps and thanks again to everyone who commented x

Merienne
23-06-2011, 11:28 AM
Looks great!
Sometimes a bit of sanding and coating is all it takes for something to transform.
And even though you say it's easy, it still takes time, and is messy. And first and foremost it takes the eye of someone seeing the potential!
Well done

Janey13
20-01-2012, 12:36 AM
What a beautiful table, if you ever want to get rid of it i'll gladly take it its beautiful beyond words, very nicely done and i love the tiled wall it is very artistic.