PDA

View Full Version : Before and after old tiles and sea shells

intransit
11-07-2011, 03:38 PM
We took the kids to the beach and our 2 year old collected a bag of sea shells, so with some grout and 2 old tiles we made something from them.

mondubics
11-07-2011, 04:10 PM
These are lovely panels, but you know what happens next?

Every time you go to the beach...... the kids will have more shells.

I remember when I was a child and it was a case of 'turn out your pockets' before we got back in the car. We were magpies with regard to pink shells and unusual limpet shells.
Have fun!

intransit
11-07-2011, 07:41 PM
These are lovely panels, but you know what happens next?

Every time you go to the beach...... the kids will have more shells.

I remember when I was a child and it was a case of 'turn out your pockets' before we got back in the car. We were magpies with regard to pink shells and unusual limpet shells.
Have fun!

Never thought of that lol

TickTock
12-07-2011, 03:40 PM
Lovely idea! Guess what, I still have my childrens' sea shells they collected when they were tiny - they are both in their late 20's now!!! Lol!

psj
12-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Well done. What a lovely keepsake for the children. Now just to put them somewhere nice. I must do this too! My little girl is nearly 6 and loves collecting shells too. Something like this would be beautiful along my flower and shrub bank. And we would be able to really enjoy it in all it's glory!

intransit
12-07-2011, 06:20 PM
Today I was weeding the flower bed and our little lad insisted that the tiles be placed in the flower bed, so thats where they are now, and have to say they look good there.

TickTock
12-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I forgot to ask you did you put the shells on the back or front of the tile?

intransit
14-07-2011, 04:41 PM
I forgot to ask you did you put the shells on the back or front of the tile?
On the back!

TickTock
14-07-2011, 11:34 PM
Thank you!