PDA

View Full Version : Bedside Lockers get a Makeover

Scaryspex
23-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Hi,

I didn't actually get these from JT but I bought them for €3 each at a charity shop. I just gave them three coats of paint and changed the knobs to a crystal rose and a ceramic rose.

My Grandad made a chest of drawers 40 years ago and I've done the same thing to it. It just needs one more coat and then I'll post it up here too.

Chris P
23-08-2011, 01:56 PM
Hi,

I didn't actually get these from JT but I bought them for €3 each at a charity shop. I just gave them three coats of paint and changed the knobs to a crystal rose and a ceramic rose.

My Grandad made a chest of drawers 40 years ago and I've done the same thing to it. It just needs one more coat and then I'll post it up here too.
For €3 and 3 coats of paint each, you've done very well, Scaryspex. Nice job! Thanks for sharing and we look forward to seeing your Grandad's chest of drawers. Bring it on!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Scaryspex
23-08-2011, 02:26 PM
Yeah the paint was only €10 and Ive a good bit left. The biggest cost was the knobs. But even they were a bit of a bargain. They were €5 for a pack of 4. So I bought 4 packs of different sizes and colours so Grandads chest will have different knobs on them which might look good. All in all.. Im very happy with how its going!