PDA

View Full Version : Feel bad taking something for nothing?

lemon meringue pie
15-08-2007, 02:24 PM
I love Jumbletown, great idea, I've been a receiver and a Giver for some time now. One of my first Givings, was a load of books, publishers overstock, people came from miles, the furthest was Loughrea to Dublin! One of those takers, took a few books and in return gave me a few Lotto scratchcards, I was delighted, didn't win anything but it was a lovely gesture and certainly helped ease any awkward or nervous tension there may have been in the process. Only this morning, a lady came to take something from me and said it felt wrong taking something for nothing. Ok, it's defeating the concept of Jumbletown, giving for free, but just something I thought I'd mention..

Ever since the scratchcards, whenever I take from a Giver, I always bring a wee thank you, be it a bag o sweets or choccies, or an unwanted bottle of wine (there you go - recycling!) just something small. The Giver is usually just happy enough to get shut of their item but to get a wee box o chocs as well, seems to make their day and mine too.

ironnica
17-08-2007, 12:35 PM
thats actually a really good idea. thank you :) shant feel so bad the 2nd time i get something

cheddarlane
22-08-2007, 10:02 PM
Hi,

I have been lucky enough to have had received a few items off the site this year..

And I guess by how I was brought up this would be an automatic reaction.

I try where possible to give someting..

although one time I was receiving bag of baby shop hangers and I went to 5 shops just to get a bl**dy box of chocs.. ended up getting something nice, but I never thought of a bottle of wine etc.

I don't drink, and have about 20 bottles of red wine, given as presents.. so I will use that Idea from now on.

Thanks ,.

x

lemon meringue pie
23-08-2007, 12:41 PM
I'll have to try and jumble something to Give you - lol!

Bunty
30-08-2007, 09:34 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but can anybody INFORM me what the letters 'lol' stand for i've seen this on many sites ??????
Bunty

Chris P
30-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Please excuse my ignorance, but can anybody INFORM me what the letters 'lol' stand for i've seen this on many sites ??????
Bunty

Hi Bunty,

"lol" means "laughing out loud." :)

Regards
Chris P
Admin

lemon meringue pie
30-08-2007, 10:07 PM
I only googled 'lol' last week as well.
There's several internet slang definitions but the most popular is 'laughing out loud'.
lmao (LMAO) is another I'd seen, this means 'laughing my ass off'.
To catch up with the times, check out http://www.internetslang.com/default.asp
rofl lmao funny omg haha lmfao wtf lawl roflmao laugh lolz

Bunty
30-08-2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks, this I will store with my other 'useless / valuable' knowledge.
Regards,
Bunty

Bunty
02-09-2007, 12:24 PM
Thanks Chris, Lemon Meringue i,ve visited the recommended site & my God, the amount of useless info. i've in that file at the back of my head now has really expanded!! Taking note that (i'm not sooo young) my texting has become very interesting (i feel very smug).
Regards to all,
Bunty.

kiara
09-11-2008, 02:00 AM
i got biscuits off 1 luvly jtowner, my boyfriends was delighted! orios i think they are called and he hadnt had them in years, prob since he moved in with me lol!