PDA

View Full Version : Map your address!

cormie
20-08-2007, 10:10 AM
I've been using this for quite a while to tell people where I am if they are coming to collect things. It's very handy and anyone can do their own.

-Just go to www.communitywalk.com
-On the home page, in the Create A Map box, enter "Ireland" and click "get started"
-On the next page, you will be given options. Choose "shareable" for the type of map and give it the title of say your Jumbletown username.
-Double click the map of Ireland to zoom in and just keep double clicking to zoom in to your area.
-When you have zoomed in, click the "add marker" button above the map
-Simply click the area you want to mark on the map, there is no need to fill in the address, just click and it will mark it.
-Give the marker whatever title you want (your exact address, username and phone number perhaps) and click save
-Click the "Share/Export" Green tab above
-Click "Link to this map" below
-Highlight and copy the URL link and save it in notepad file or bookmark it for future use.
-When you need to, simply copy the URL again and paste it in your PM's to give the taker your exact location.

There is also an option to get directions to and from the marked address. You can also add more markers like near by train stations, bus stops, landmarks etc.

Here is an example map, it's not my actual address but just to show.
http://www.communitywalk.com/ireland/map/155095

I don't advise publishing this information on the public forum. Keep it to PM's only when you have agreed to give the item to the person:)

Chris P
20-08-2007, 05:37 PM
Nice work, cormie.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Steveoo
21-08-2007, 08:55 PM
Nice one Cormie. I followed your guidelines and now have a map. The maps are very detailed.

Steveoo

lemon meringue pie
23-08-2007, 12:38 PM
Now if it's anyone like my other half coming to collect, all they'll need is a personal shopper to carry the goods and a navigator sitting beside them in the car to comprehend the map for them!

Steveoo
23-08-2007, 09:26 PM
I wonder if Lemon MP is male or female.That last reply could go both ways!!

Steveoo

Orla1973
04-09-2007, 12:35 AM
That site is fantastic. I don't visit very often here but I felt I had to do that, I got it down to the street I live in, amazing. The only problem was trying to read the map on the computer, it is not my forte.

Regards,
Orla