PDA

View Full Version : how to chose for windows and doors?

palminnie1
27-12-2013, 07:16 PM
hi, three quotes, for new hall door and patio door, how do you chose.
do people have experience of the following, if so can you relate them to me:
munster joinery.
weatherglase
and senator windows.
also tradesmen what is your opinion as well, thanksl

patricias6
02-02-2014, 09:10 AM
hiya , i can only comment on munster joinery ,theyre cheap but not the best quality products as i have some , take a look at friends windows and where the window comes down near the inside window board is the window frame cut into a v shape ? this is a better quality window , munster's are just butted together and my sliding door has only 1 lock i thought it might have at least 2 more on top and bottom for extra security but i suppose it depends on your finances , if i was doing it again i would save for better quality as i paid the price as my house was broken into through this sliding door

kilk
02-02-2014, 07:35 PM
Hi Palminne1,

A good idea from previous poster is to check with friends etc. I've heard one of the above mentioned manufacturers' windows go yellowish over a few years.

dave586
18-02-2014, 09:34 AM
A double-hung window has two vertically sliding sash in a single frame. Double-hungs lift open while remaining flush with the wall, making them ideal around patios, decks and walkways.

jamesrichard121
15-04-2014, 05:28 AM
Hey| I have also opinion about munster joinery doors & windows. I think they are one of the best manufacturers in dublin area which provides all types of upvc doors & windows for home improvement purposes. I have very good experience with them. It is a good place for choosing better doors & windows.

radharc
04-05-2014, 06:41 PM
Hi There,
I cannot recommend any of the named suppliers,unfortunatley the windows were fitted & made by a local supplier,very very poor standard,draughty,crooked.
Whoever you decide to go with,please make sure that the PVC moulding is on the inside of the windows,we had an attempted breakin recently & they removed the moulding from the window & the fittings & were able to remove the pane of glass....
Friends were burgled a few years ago in the middle of the day,they popped the pvc front door out of the frame,they have since gotten a new door with extra hooks & locks in it & reinforced in the middle.

So my advice would be,dont go for the cheapest option,go for the most secure...