PDA

View Full Version : offering skills or services ? barter ?

shabbyroad
08-10-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't see this discussed anywhere but I thought I might suggest it to see what you all think.

A couple of years ago I needed a small plumbing job done and while the plumber was sizing up the job he noticed I was working on a laptop. One thing let to another and he explained that he had a PC but was clueless on how to get it setup. I offered to take a look at it and was able to get it up and running in about an hour. In return the plumber offered to do the job in trade for my 'service'.

I have a small recording studio and in the past have traded time in the studio for work that I needed (painting for example). Seems to work well.

What do you all think ? Is this something that could be made work ?

I imagine there could be a skills/services offered section where posters could explain what they can do and suggest some services/skills in return that they need.

Chris P
08-10-2007, 09:07 PM
I imagine there could be a skills/services offered section where posters could explain what they can do and suggest some services/skills in return that they need.

Hi shabbyroad,

A few months ago, JumbleTowner David C made a post in the Support Forum about a lending/borrowing site he was setting up; this site was also to include a "services/skills sharing" section. If you click on the link to his post below, you'll notice that the links to his trial website are no longer active, but you could send him a PM to ascertain the current status of the project.
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=1330

JumbleTown itself has no intention of expanding the services or types of forums it provides -- managing the site's Giving/Taking dimension is about all we can deal with right now. We will, of course, keep your fine suggestion in mind.

Regards
Chris P
Admin