PDA

View Full Version : suggestion on feedback for takers ( and givers)

cascais
28-12-2007, 05:07 PM
guys,

is there a way to report members that say they will collect and never show up?...
other websites have/ propose you to give feedback on the person . could something of this kind be put in place for takers that do not come or take ages in collecting the item ?

one way of doing this is to propose a grade for the collection 1-10,
then if you have a item you are listing a there are two people that want it, you can choose between the two takers , knowing which of those takers is the most efficient/quickest when the collection comes .
just a thought, let me know what you's think....

kind regards
cascais

Chris P
28-12-2007, 05:14 PM
guys,

is there a way to report members that say they will collect and never show up?...
other websites have/ propose you to give feedback on the person . could something of this kind be put in place for takers that do not come or take ages in collecting the item ?

one way of doing this is to propose a grade for the collection 1-10,
then if you have a item you are listing a there are two people that want it, you can choose between the two takers , knowing which of those takers is the most efficient/quickest when the collection comes .
just a thought, let me know what you's think....

kind regards
cascais

Hi cascais,

This topic has come up before. Please see here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=14986&highlight=takers

Givers and Takers should also be mindful of the fact that it is the Holiday Season and JumbleTowners may be otherwise occupied or unable to access a computer. Admin has given a few days' grace to both Givers and Takers, i.e., we haven't archived ads that normally would be because there hasn't been a response on the thread from the Giver for 3 days; Reserved items have also been given an extra day or so. However, archiving and "pruning" will take place in the next 24 hours.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

cascais
28-12-2007, 05:31 PM
hi chris ,

thanks for your reply,
i will see if the taker comes by today or tomorow (bearing in mind the holiday season) and if not , i will put the item as available again

kind regards
cascais

Chris P
28-12-2007, 05:34 PM
hi chris ,

thanks for your reply,
i will see if the taker comes by today or tomorow (bearing in mind the holiday season) and if not , i will put the item as available again

kind regards
cascais

Good idea, cascais.

Givers are not expected to wait indefinitely for Takers to collect. Pass your item on to whomever you choose at your convenience.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

jeana
16-01-2008, 03:14 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to rate how quickly people collect as some people collect items to sell whereas a genuine person may actually have difficulties getting someone to collect an item on their behalf
Kind Regards
Jeana

Chris P
16-01-2008, 03:36 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to rate how quickly people collect as some people collect items to sell whereas a genuine person may actually have difficulties getting someone to collect an item on their behalf
Kind Regards
Jeana
Hi Jeana,

All JumbleTowners are equal (or "genuine" as you put it) in the eyes of Admin. We make no distinction between them because there is no way we can check their background and bona fides. They may be paupers, princes, "needy" folk or those of an entrepreneurial bent who collect items and hope to sell them on. All are "genuine."

Once again, JumbleTown is not a charity site. If someone has charitable intentions, they should contact a charity of their choice. If someone wishes to pass on an item on JumbleTown, their main motivation should be that they wish to clear up some space in their home or business and help the environment by allowing for an items continued use instead of its disposal into costly recycling systems or land-fill. Having said that, the generosity (not charity) of JumbleTowners is to be commended.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

jeana
20-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Hi Chris,
I have to say that I disagree, I feel that a lot of people on jumbletown do indeed have charitable intentions, and I for one like to give my items to people who both give and take, I always check to see their recent posts, as I don't want my stuff to be sold, if I did I would put the items on e-bay and make a few quid.
When I said genuine, I meant genuinely in need of the item. If people who just want to sell the item are so genuine why do none of them identify themselves- as in- I'd really love this item to sell at my market stall!!!
Also- How do I become a senior member?????????
Kind Regards
Jeana

Chris P
20-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Hi Chris,
I have to say that I disagree, I feel that a lot of people on jumbletown do indeed have charitable intentions, and I for one like to give my items to people who both give and take, I always check to see their recent posts, as I don't want my stuff to be sold, if I did I would put the items on e-bay and make a few quid.
When I said genuine, I meant genuinely in need of the item. If people who just want to sell the item are so genuine why do none of them identify themselves- as in- I'd really love this item to sell at my market stall!!!
Also- How do I become a senior member?????????
Kind Regards
Jeana
Hi Jeana,

I really can't add to my post earlier in the thread. Your interpretation of the site's ethos may be different to mine but c'est la vie! :)

JumbleTowners become "Senior Members" once they've made 150...sorry...250 (!) posts (see Fries' post below). Alas, no special entitlements are bestowed on these Members but they do gain a certain kudos for being such an active JumbleTowner.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Fries-With-That
21-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Hi Chris,

I think you better edit the previous post before you get a deluge of queries.........tsk tsk tsk I thought you of all people would know that its 250 posts that bestows someone with senior member status.

Blowing a rasberry,

Fries.

Chris P
21-01-2008, 03:17 PM
Hi Chris,

I think you better edit the previous post before you get a deluge of queries.........tsk tsk tsk I thought you of all people would know that its 250 posts that bestows someone with senior member status.

Blowing a rasberry,

Fries.

Thanks for that, Fries! Bad head for figures. In my school, we had three maths levels: Honours, Pass, and Sums. Guess which one I was in!

Regards
Chris P
Admin