PDA

View Full Version : Items Reserved, Who comes first?

teddy bear
07-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi Jumbletown,

Who comes first?
He who phones first or He who arrives first !

This has been niggling at me for a while.

Why do givers insist on reserving items or keeping a list of who came first.

If the purpose of listing on Jumbletown is to give items away, would it not be more appropriate to let the first person on the doorstep to leave with the item.
The bonus would be time-wasters would be too late and those really eager will be there as quick as possible with the result that the giver, gives the item away even quicker.

Prior to Jumbletown it was possible to get these items as "freebies" however when these people were contacted it was always whoever could collect first, that got the item(s) in question.

Chris P
07-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Hi Jumbletown,

Who comes first?
He who phones first or He who arrives first !

This has been niggling at me for a while.

Why do givers insist on reserving items or keeping a list of who came first.

If the purpose of listing on Jumbletown is to give items away, would it not be more appropriate to let the first person on the doorstep to leave with the item.
The bonus would be time-wasters would be too late and those really eager will be there as quick as possible with the result that the giver, gives the item away even quicker.

Prior to Jumbletown it was possible to get these items as "freebies" however when these people were contacted it was always whoever could collect first, that got the item(s) in question.

Hi teddy bear,

Givers are free to give an item to whomever they choose, be it the first or last poster on a thread, the first of last PM'er, the first or last person to telephone. Neither Admin nor JumbleTown Members can dictate who gets an item; after all it's not our item.

Having said that, most Givers pass on an item to either...

(A) the first person poster on a thread

OR

(B) the first PM'er

OR

(C) the person who is able to collect the quickest.

Once again, it's the Giver's choice.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

northsider
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
Just a thought but I know I gave a couple of things away on JT before and my biggest fear was giving out my address....I certainly wouldn't want to give it out to loads of people so that the first person to my door would be the first person to receive something.
From my experience, as a receiver recently, I explained my personal situation to bother givers and they both very kindly, gave me the item...I think some common courtesy goes a long way when you're hoping to receive something here...just my twohapence worth!