PDA

View Full Version : Re-purposing: More Ideas

unapam
05-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I spent last Sunday planting my seeds and bulbs for summer flowering and then, of course I wanted some plant labels ('cos as soon as I plant them I forget what they are and then spend months wondering!!)

I got a great and green idea for making my own. I used an old ice cream carton made from heavy white plastic. Actually it wasn't an old ice-cream carton. It was a new ice-cream carton. Anyway here are the steps necessary to make cool (no pun intended) plant tags

First and most important: Eat all the ice-cream! You may find it necessary to lick it clean but this must be done before continuing. (As this task is to be carried out for crafting purposes you get an automatic dispensation from calories)

Cut the carton into strips, cut the strips into a point at one end. Next you have to go rummaging in your craft stash and use all those little things you thought you would never find a use for

I found some tiny plastic earthworms -I NEVER thought I'd find a use for THEM. You can also use buttons, satin roses, pictures cut from greeting cards etc,

I stuck on white labels and wrote the names on them. You could also use correction fluid.

These will last for years and can be re-used next year too. Just put a new sticky label on it. Now, of course, I need to eat lots more ice-cream to keep the supply going. Yummmy!

BillieT
05-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Brilliant!!!!! I've had the ice cream and licked it clean as suggested -- now if I send the container to you will you make all those beautiful markers for me too lol. (joke)

Any more ideas? I am saving them for when I have time.

BillieT

carissa
13-06-2008, 09:26 AM
thats a great idea, i use ice-pop sticks but they get dirty & names wear off, yours look much better & will last longer
fruit punnets esp the ones with lids make great mini greenhouses for starting off seeds...

ozieandros
13-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Pam this is fabulous! The price you buy those labels in garden centres and! Never mind buying what we all have in store somewhere!!! Well this is it! I shall follow course and name my labels Pam labels after you! Brilliant!!!

paprika
29-01-2009, 11:33 AM
These look really cool! I'm just trying to do up my garden (it's a mess at the mo..) and this is a great way to remember what I've planted where. And it looks good, too.

Regards,
p

bluecurlygirl
02-02-2009, 01:23 PM
thats a great idea, i use ice-pop sticks but they get dirty & names wear off, yours look much better & will last longer
fruit punnets esp the ones with lids make great mini greenhouses for starting off seeds...

That's a great idea.

Binario Duo
07-02-2009, 12:50 AM
I'm just after burning a carton but I promise I will keep the next carton, it's a great idea. I just built a kennel for my dog and need a little sign for it, I will do, thanks for the ideas's.

hillcroft
10-03-2009, 01:42 PM
This is fantastic, I have started to do this, excellent, thanks for posting it

Sean

TanTan
28-03-2009, 11:31 AM
I use the ice lolly stick and write on it. This is brillant.