PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Section: subdivisions?

TheBear
09-04-2008, 12:13 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if it would be possible/feasible for sub-sections to be put into the Wanted Section. The forum is quite daunting at the moment, and it might put some givers off looking through to see if anyone has already asked for whatever they have to give.

It may go against the type of section you want it to be, so there'll be no hard feelings if this idea is shot down. I just thought I'd give my tuppence worth.

TheBear

Chris P
09-04-2008, 12:26 PM
Hi,

Just wondering if it would be possible/feasible for sub-sections to be put into the Wanted Section. The forum is quite daunting at the moment, and it might put some givers off looking through to see if anyone has already asked for whatever they have to give.

It may go against the type of section you want it to be, so there'll be no hard feelings if this idea is shot down. I just thought I'd give my tuppence worth.

TheBear
Hi Bear,

Members wishing to check whether or not someone is looking for a particular item have no need to trawl through the 50 odd pages or so of listings. Instead, they should use the Search function at the top right of the listings in the Wanted Forum. Simply put in "Sofa" and a list of people looking for sofa will pop up.

As I've said on previous threads about the Wanted forum, it was never intended to play a major role in the site -- there is an element of pot-luck. In other words, JumbleTown is more about "I have this item -- are you interested?" and not "I'm looking for this item -- do you have it?"

Thanks for the feedback, Bear.

Regards
Chris P
Admin