PDA

View Full Version : JumbleTown's Birthday -- April 22nd -- We're Two!

Chris P
21-04-2008, 09:11 PM
Hi Everyone,

JumbleTown officially went "live" on April 22nd, 2006, which means that tomorrow we're all of two years of age.

So, on behalf of all the JumbleTown team, a big thank you to all our Members, Supporters in the Local Authorities, and the Media throughout the island of Ireland!

By way of celebration, we are asking all JumbleTowners to continue to do their bit for the environment and community at large by helping to promote the site even further. You can do this by printing off an A4 JumbleTown poster and putting it up wherever you have permission (work notice-boards, community centres etc.).

JumbleTown Posters can be downloaded...here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/posters.htm

Thanks again, JumbleTowners, and keep up the good work!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Linn
21-04-2008, 09:24 PM
Happy second birthday Jumbletown and heres to many many more. Your Parents Chris and Dave should be so proud of all the good work you have done. Just imagine you are only 2 and the amount of followers you have is amazing. You even have county councils backing you. You are a 2 year old Genius.

hession
22-04-2008, 08:50 AM
happy birthday jumbletown

nancybrazil
22-04-2008, 09:20 AM
Happy 2nd Birthday Jumbletown,
I Think Your Brill.

The Mammy
22-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Happy birthday :)
Well Done
The Mammy

marie065
22-04-2008, 06:17 PM
happy birthday jumbletown

Chris P
22-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Hi Everyone,

I forgot to mention that not only is April 22nd JumbleTown's 2nd birthday, it is also "Earth Day."

"Earth Day broadens the base of support for environmental programs, rekindles public commitment and builds community activism around the world through a broad range of events and activities. Earth Day's mission is to grow and diversify the environmental movement worldwide, and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle for promoting a healthy, sustainable planet."

JumbleTowners should pat themselves on the back every time they Give and Take, i.e., every time they life-cycle or re-use an item instead of sending it away for costly recycling or into landfill. Their actions have significant benefits for the environment at local and global levels. JumbleTown's slogan may be "Someone, Somewhere, Wants It" but that's only because someone thought of "Think Global, Act Local" before us! :)

More details on Earth Day can be found here:
http://ww2.earthday.net/

Regards
Chris P
Admin

cheddarlane
22-04-2008, 11:01 PM
2 Candles Blown Out!! Wooo

Chris P
22-04-2008, 11:15 PM
2 Candles Blown Out!! Wooo
Nice one, lindaleagh!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Butterflyj
24-04-2008, 06:01 PM
Well done!

PS is the cake up for offers?

unapam
27-04-2008, 05:32 PM
Well done all at Jumbletown! I have put your poster up in my local library and posted a link and sang your praises on my blog. Keep up the good work....Unapam