PDA

View Full Version : Re-purposing: Ideas...

unapam
27-04-2008, 07:05 PM
Here are more items that used to be other things before I was let loose on them!
Pink cushion decorated on one side with accordian pleat lace that used to be on a slip and leftover roses fabric and on the other side with a vintage ladies hanky and a scrap of quilted fabric in heart shape.

A cream door with glass panes. I rescued it from a skip. It used to be a door to a garden summer house. (I have a second one of these In Leitrim, any takers?)

Two cupboard doors in my bathrom that used to be in an old house as doors to under the stairs. I just painted and added the black handles

From the same old house (they were getting a velux window in roof so "Fingers Flynn" -that's me, was on hand to rescue the old natural slates)- I used them to make a name plaque painted with a Tippex pen and decorated with an old metal butterfly brooch, drilled and threaded with a piece of stray wire.

A handwritten letter framed in two frames makes an unusual display and I love to read and reread it.

Some old hardback books that I will never read but they make a lovely vignette with the old candle holder on top. Or also look great tied up with ribbon.

An old swan plant holder padded with old fabric and covered with red gingham and great to display my vintage hat pin collection. I will add the matching recycled jar that I also used red gingham fabric on and I use to store my old button collection.

and finally.... a paper butterfly made from wrapping paper

marie065
28-04-2008, 06:41 PM
wow there all fab looking it just goes to show what a creative mind can do
well done.

Linn
28-04-2008, 07:07 PM
Well done Pam your handy work is fantastic as usual. Keep up the good work.
Regards Linn

unapam
28-04-2008, 07:47 PM
Hi Linn and Marie,
Thanks so much for your kind commments. Did I mention that I enjoy doing it?
It's great to be green! Angie! says I inspired her...Isn't that great? I hope more people post photos of their ideas. Did you see Angie1's rockin' chairs? and the gorgeous padded chair that another JT-er posted in the forum. Great site and it's going from strenth to strength. Cheers...Pam

snorry
12-05-2009, 10:44 AM
hi only new to jumbletown just to say your work is brilliant unapam have inspired me to start recycling things i would usually give away keep up the good work

Belarus
12-05-2009, 11:16 AM
My God Pam, Your ideas are fantastic and brilliant work to go with it. You are so creative and artistic it is unbelievable. Well done. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing. Regards.

paprika
12-05-2009, 01:27 PM
Hi unapam, these are lovely, and I'm especially inspired by the storage cupboard doors. Have been looking for ideas how to revamp our plain doors in the cottage that suits its style, and these are just perfect! Keep up the good work, and supplying us, with less creative minds with plenty of ideas :)

regards,
p

Eily
03-06-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi Pam, Love looking at all your ideas above.
As you said with my bathroom - imitation is the best form of flattery, so I borrowed your idea about the books & the candle: I actually still had the "Merchant of Venice" from my own school days - signed in my childish (maiden) name, So that personalied it too.
The table: my son made for his Junior cert project - the lamp I picked up in a charity shop in England (bought a new shade for it), the brass frame with the pressed flowers and the other brass thing (if anyone knows what this is by the way , I'd love to know) I picked up in a market. I also got the other two books,the candle holder and the compass at the market too.
Oh and my mother-in-law crocheted the place mat for me. ;)
Again thanks for the idea Pam- I would never have thought of putting the old books there!
Eily

unapam
03-06-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi Pam, Love looking at all your ideas above.
As you said with my bathroom - imitation is the best form of flattery, so I borrowed your idea about the books & the candle: I actually still had the "Merchant of Venice" from my own school days - signed in my childish (maiden) name, So that personalied it too.
The table: my son made for his Junior cert project - the lamp I picked up in a charity shop in England (bought a new shade for it), the brass frame with the pressed flowers and the other brass thing (if anyone knows what this is by the way , I'd love to know) I picked up in a market. I also got the other two books,the candle holder and the compass at the market too.
Oh and my mother-in-law crocheted the place mat for me. ;)
Again thanks for the idea Pam- I would never have thought of putting the old books there!
Eily

Gorgeous "vignette" as us desinger types say! Love the whole thing. Yes, those old books work well. They can be tied up with ribbon and a little dried grasses for a different look. I also nicked the idea from a magazine but that's what they are for!

Tinky
03-06-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi Unapam your creations look amazing. I'm gonna try the slate nameplate. If you still have one of those doors to go I would definitely take it off your hands. We're renovating an old cottage and vowed to do it using only salvaged/recycled materials. So far so good but we need 4 more doors! thanks for reading. x

unapam
03-06-2009, 10:20 PM
Hi Unapam your creations look amazing. I'm gonna try the slate nameplate. If you still have one of those doors to go I would definitely take it off your hands. We're renovating an old cottage and vowed to do it using only salvaged/recycled materials. So far so good but we need 4 more doors! thanks for reading. x

Hi Tinky, yes, I still have the sumer house door. I'll pm you with my details. Thanks for your kind comments. Best wishes..Pam

unapam
30-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Just bumping it up for someone who could not find it....

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
08-04-2010, 09:48 PM
Hi Unapam, just looking through older pages of before and after-back when I was a silent observer of all you brilliant craft people. These are really good and so much my style and taste. Isn't it great to share ideas!:) Eibhlin.