PDA

View Full Version : re wanted

spongebob
05-09-2006, 07:02 PM
just a thought dave.
i noticed that the wanted section is now 50 pages long and growing.
realistically (spelling ??) i dont think viewers would browse through 50
pages to see what people want.
maybe a culling of the oldest items would cut it down a bit.
a limit for wanted ads of maybe 2 weeks (or whatever seems reasonable)
might be better and if they havent received them by then the ad could
be removed and the seeker could re insert it if they want to.
as i said at the start its just a thought.
regards
spongebob

cathy
05-09-2006, 07:07 PM
yep, I agree, its very long., mind you about 40 of the pages are from me :]

buffy
05-09-2006, 07:17 PM
dont cull my post for a washing machine will you. lol
More important than everyones post (only joking people)
Yeh it sure would tidy it up alright.

Patience
05-09-2006, 07:35 PM
I think it would be an idea to have a wanted section at the bottom of each category. That would separate the different items a lot better. I badly want to put my Wanted tractor ad in the farm machinery section. Your washing machine post would be noticed quicly too Buffy.

buffy
05-09-2006, 07:39 PM
good idea patience.

spongebob
05-09-2006, 10:43 PM
had a look at the last item on the wanted section and it
was posted in april, 5 months ago...!!!!!!!!!!!!
if they havent got a reply in 5 months there not likely to.

Dave Hagan
05-09-2006, 11:22 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm sure we will eventually prune some of the Wanted Ads, but I can't give a date, or confirm the pruning criteria we might use.

A Wanted section for each category would be an administrative nightmare, so I'm afraid that won't happen.

The Advanced Search page is the tool to use, if you're really eager to sort through the Wanted section.
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/search.php

OR:

Simply click "Search this Forum" on the top right of the Wanted Forum page. Type in a key word and press "Go". Why not try it now? Here's the Wanted forum:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32

We recommend that Givers search the Wanted Forum for potential Takers and/or post in the Givers' Forum.

Thanks for all the comments.

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin

ghanraha
19-05-2008, 11:27 PM
What about if the wanted section was categorised as well.
It would certainly make searching much easier.

Chris P
20-05-2008, 12:04 AM
What about if the wanted section was categorised as well.
It would certainly make searching much easier.
Hi ghanraha,

As far as I know, JumbleTown's managers have no intention of dividing the Wanted forum into different categories. Entering a key word into the "Search" Function (as detailed by Dave Hagan above) produces an easy-to-use list of potential Takers.

JumbleTown is primarily about "I have this item -- do you want it?" and not "I want this item -- do you have it?" The Wanted forum was something of an afterthought but we believe it works fine if Members use the "Search" facility and follow the instructions/suggestions outlined in the "stickies" at the top of the forum.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

IRISH_iiiis
20-05-2008, 05:34 AM
JT is well taught out, but the wanted section needs to be looked at, or at least tidied up a bit.
if you place an add in there as i have done, all the keen jt users bump there adds & ur add is moved to page 3 or 4 in no time at all, with the effect that any potential donaters are less likely to see your add.
ive had 3 or 4 adds in there as has my sister & neither of us have recieved a reply but have been moved several pages down the line, addmitedly some of these are NEW adds but not all....

even so its still a brilliant site
regards irishiiiis

marie065
20-05-2008, 07:49 PM
i also have a add in the wanted section and i keep bumping it hoping that if someone new joins the site might have what i'm looking for.
also i've notice that some people who have posted in the wanted section have posted 2-3 different ads but are looking for the same thing instead of just bumping
regards marie065