PDA

View Full Version : bumping an ad

carmen
28-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Is it ok or should other people be allowed bump other peoples ads in the wanted section, if someone is giving something away they can look in the wanted section themselves, people know that the wanted section is there they dont need it pointed out. how do other people feel about it

Chris P
28-05-2008, 06:11 PM
Is it ok or should other people be allowed bump other peoples ads in the wanted section, if someone is giving something away they can look in the wanted section themselves, people know that the wanted section is there they dont need it pointed out. how do other people feel about it
Hi carmen,

Quite clearly, bumping an ad up the the listings in the Wanted forum increases the chances of an offer being made. Some Givers may only peruse the first page instead of actually using the Search function at the top right of the listings.

Admin has no problem with Members bumping each other's ads in the Wanted forum. They obviously do this because they are family or friends or simply eager to help out. One bump per day per ad is JumbleTown's policy.

For those who are still unsure how to bump an ad, please see here:
http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=4252

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

carmen
28-05-2008, 06:16 PM
I think its ok people bumping there own ad, didnt think other people would have access to other peoples posts, but i can see your point as well

Chris P
28-05-2008, 06:40 PM
I...didnt think other people would have access to other peoples posts
Hi carmen,

Members don't have access to each other's posts in the sense that they can edit the original text of the ad, but they can respond to the original ad (just as in the Givers' forums) and this bumps up the ad.

As long as the post doesn't "spoil" the ad/thread with irrelevant information or commentary, then they are fine.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

irishrover
28-05-2008, 08:24 PM
Have been in wanted section for ages looking for a boat. Two have appeared on Jumbletown and when I made contact the givers said they had not looked at the wanted section.A number of people have bumped my wanted ad and I am very grateful and thankful to them. It sort of makes you feel that they are also hoping you find your dream. Thanks for the bumps!!!!!!!!

Linn
29-05-2008, 08:19 AM
I would bump up my ads and those of friends and if its someone who really wants something i'll also bump theirs. Plus i might see the item the person wants on another site etc. Then i'll bump their ad with a private message and give them the information.
The only bad thing about the wanted section i feel is that it is very easy to get lost in it. For example i bumped one of my ads at 10am yesterday morning and by 7pm yesterday i was on page 8. That just shows the amount of people joining Jumbletown.
Also what Irishrover said is also very true. Its really nice to be able to give somebody what they are searching and to make someones dream come through. Or it might be just a case (hint hint) that they are looking for a free cruise down the shannon LOL

dublin gal
29-05-2008, 09:17 AM
xxxx

colmsmum
29-05-2008, 11:18 AM
It doesn't bother me at all, as Linn said no matter when you bump your ad it only lasts on top for a few minutes and eventually you end up right at the bottom again. I also agree with the others, it's nice to know there are other members thinking of you, that have actually gone to the bother of bumping someone else's ad, fair play to them. If i have something to give i always use the search option, that way i don't have to trawl through all the pages. I don't think it matters who bumps, if your meant to get what you ask for, you'll get it eventually.

ruthiechad
29-05-2008, 09:55 PM
I also Bump other peoples ads, Especially if I have recieved an item from them, I think its a nice way of saying thank you and trying to help them receive something they have asked for.