PDA

View Full Version : JumbleTown...I've sent your name to the moon...

Dave Hagan
19-06-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi All, I'm making this post on behalf of our member The Mammy. Regards - Dave Hagan

This is great, I have enclosed a cert for Jumble Town and have received certs for all my family.

Have I gone too far in spreading Jumble Town's name? ha ha

You can go to the moon -- or at least your name can.

NASA is trying to get 1 million people to sign up for their "Send Your Name to The Moon" program.

According to Florida Today, NASA has received more than 800,000 names so far. They are going to stamp the names into a microchip on a lunar spacecraft.

NASA invites people of all ages to join the Lunar exploration journey with an opportunity to send their names to the moon aboard The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, Spacecraft.

Click on the link below and you can take part too.( or copy and paste it) Then you can print your cert and have your name entered into the Database and placed on the microchip. The Deadline is 27th of June 2008. My Kids loved their certs and brought them to school to show all their pals.

Enjoy!

The Mammy

http://lro.jhuapl.edu/NameToMoon/

The Mammy
19-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Thanks for that Dave and Chris..I hope you added your own names ?
Regards
The Mammy

colmsmum
19-06-2008, 12:09 PM
Hi The Mammy,

Thats brilliant, i hadn't heard about that, i'll add all our names later. I bought the other half an acre of land on the moon years ago, in the hope i might be able to send him there eventually, lol! Haven't had any luck yet though!

Best regards,
colmsmum.

Chris P
20-06-2008, 02:21 PM
Thanks for that Dave and Chris...I hope you added your own names ?
Regards
The Mammy
Hi The Mammy,

Many thanks for sending JumbleTown's name to the Moon!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

The Mammy
25-06-2008, 09:17 AM
Hi All
If you haven't already added your name, There is only 2 days left now..cut off date is June 27th...
Here is another link to NASA's own info on the mission.

http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/LRO/main/index.html

Regards
The Mammy

icecream
26-06-2008, 09:17 AM
pm sent

ace
04-07-2008, 07:35 AM
Hi All, I'm making this post on behalf of our member The Mammy. Regards - Dave Hagan

This is great, I have enclosed a cert for Jumble Town and have received certs for all my family.

Have I gone too far in spreading Jumble Town's name? ha ha

You can go to the moon -- or at least your name can.

NASA is trying to get 1 million people to sign up for their "Send Your Name to The Moon" program.

According to Florida Today, NASA has received more than 800,000 names so far. They are going to stamp the names into a microchip on a lunar spacecraft.

NASA invites people of all ages to join the Lunar exploration journey with an opportunity to send their names to the moon aboard The Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, Spacecraft.

Click on the link below and you can take part too.( or copy and paste it) Then you can print your cert and have your name entered into the Database and placed on the microchip. The Deadline is 27th of June 2008. My Kids loved their certs and brought them to school to show all their pals.

Enjoy!

The Mammy

http://lro.jhuapl.edu/NameToMoon/
Thanks so much Dave. Didnt know about this.was a bit disappointed when saw the date. went in to it any way and was delighted its not finished till end of July. My sis birthday today. i printed one for her it will be a cool present. Mammy your great.Im after doing all the family they will be delighted.

peasey
10-07-2008, 01:30 AM
Done! just have to frame it now :D