PDA

View Full Version : Not Been Notified

filo
30-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Hi admin, Please help. For some unknown strange reason I am not been notified through my email when people reply to a post. Why is this? Have I hit a button or is it simply my computer doesn’t like me anymore?

Thanks filo

Chris P
30-06-2008, 09:40 PM
Hi admin, Please help. For some unknown strange reason I am not been notified through my email when people reply to a post. Why is this? Have I hit a button or is it simply my computer doesn’t like me anymore?

Thanks filo
Hi filo,

I've checked your User Profile and it seems that everything is fine. Both the "Instant Email Notification" and "Send Notification Email when a PM is Received" boxes are checked as "on."

Perhaps you should check that the spam filter on your email is not sending JT's emails into your junk folder.

You might also click on the "User CP" button (on the blue bar beneath the Log-in Area). Here you can check your Subscribed Threads. I don't think this is the problem but it's worth a try. As I said, everything is fine from our end of things.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

filo
30-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Thanks, I think i might have hit the junk button but hopefully all sorted now.

Karen

Chris P
30-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Thanks, I think i might have hit the junk button but hopefully all sorted now.

Karen
Ok, filo.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

erica
01-07-2008, 09:56 PM
Chris, I have the opposite problem. I get email notifications, though I've tried to stop them! I open my emails to find the inbox full to capacity! It's not a huge problem but just a nuisance.

Chris P
01-07-2008, 10:04 PM
Chris, I have the opposite problem. I get email notifications, though I've tried to stop them! I open my emails to find the inbox full to capacity! It's not a huge problem but just a nuisance.
Hi erica,

If you click on the "User CP" button (on the blue bar beneath the Log-in Area)you can check the ads to which you wish to subscribe (i.e. receive automatic email notification). Alternatively, I can reconfigure your profile settings from my end of things so that you receive notification every week or not at all.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

erica
01-07-2008, 11:38 PM
I've done that a couple of times and selected "No email notification" but it hasn't made a difference. Must be doing something wrong, Chris. I think I'd better leave it to the expert!

Chris P
01-07-2008, 11:44 PM
I've done that a couple of times and selected "No email notification" but it hasn't made a difference. Must be doing something wrong, Chris. I think I'd better leave it to the expert!
Hi erica,

I've set the "Automatic Thread Subscription Mode" to "Do Not Subscribe," which means that you shouldn't receive any email notifications for subsequent threads that you post on. Let me know if that does the trick.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

erica
01-07-2008, 11:45 PM
Where would we be without you, Chris? Thank you very much!

Chris P
02-07-2008, 12:01 AM
Where would we be without you, Chris?
Probably here :)

erica
02-07-2008, 12:08 AM
I am.... that's me, over there, in the shade! Boy that sun was hot! Couldn't take it any more.....

Bettybooboopbedoop
13-08-2008, 10:17 PM
Watch out erica, half of dublin might join you the way things are going.