PDA

View Full Version : Cabinet

unapam
07-07-2008, 05:31 PM
This is a small kitchen cabinet I got from St Raphael's Fete for storing my crystal (glasses really but crystal sounds lovely) and vintage table napkins.

I painted it blue inside and white outside, lined the back with the old sheet music, used two spare gingham curtain tie backs and old cotton doilies to frillify the shelves, added a tiny ballerina and ducks statues and arranged the glasses. Voila..another unique designer piece for my kitchen.

Narizota
07-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Wow,you've done all that since you bought this yesterday??

I am really impressed,as usual,with your ingenuity!

unapam
07-07-2008, 08:53 PM
No, I picked it up last week when I was helping out sorting the clothes.

Hey, I'm good - but not that good!

Narizota
07-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Well,I am in still in awe of your abilities,although you could speed it up a little :D;) (joke!!!)

It really looks great,I think putting the sheet music on the back of the cupboard is inspired :)

carissa
07-07-2008, 09:32 PM
looks very well pam, your lucky to have such talent & imagination,
nice meeting you yesterday :)

unapam
07-07-2008, 09:42 PM
I really do believe we don't need to spend the earth's rescources or vast amounts of money to have the things we like around us. I post the photos I do to do my bit for the cause not to "show off" (...ok, ok! - just a bit then)
I have no interest in impressing people or getting compliments (ok again, compliments don't hurt) I hope to inspire some people to rethink just going out and buying that designer thingy. Design your own thingy!

My taste is (in case you haven't noticed) on the frilly frou frou side but anyone can do their own thing to suit themselves *see the fab coffee table before and afters in this forum.
I'm sure we would all love to see other people's before and afters. Don't be intimidated by this shabby chic chick. Show and tell!

...For my next trick I will repurpose a jam jar and my ESB bill...watch this space!

colmsmum
07-07-2008, 11:00 PM
It's fabulous unapam, i love it! I'm mad about shabby chic style, i'm currently decorating my attic room like that (wasn't allowed have it in my bedroom, too girly, so i'm told!), the gingham looks beautiful against the white & all the cutesy accessories really make it. Well done, again!

angie1
07-07-2008, 11:37 PM
hi unapam , what a job and a fab transformation,....well done i love it...
ps got the books thanks a mill kind regards angie1

kellyk
08-07-2008, 05:15 AM
Unapam

Its great I love seeing these pics. Wish more ppl would put them up they are great.

Thanks for letting us see

KellyK

paprika
29-01-2009, 10:47 AM
Wow, this looks fab Unapam! You are a great inspiration for us all!

Regards,
p

Linn
29-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Thats a fab job, your a woman with great ideas, fair play to you.

BCD
27-05-2010, 05:55 AM
I love your style...very quaint and pretty...I think you should start up your own buisness,you've fab ideas..I'd def hire ya for a few tips in my house..I hate new matching things..I think I'll go through your other posts and try a couple of them out over the weekend..there's nothing more rewarding as when someone comes into your home and says WOW!! I can't believe you done that yourself!! Its not about having a big head its just being very proud at what can be done with our own hands and head..

junkista
28-05-2010, 08:44 PM
this looks great!! thank you for posting your before and after projects, i really love seeing what people have done, its very inspiring. jumbletown would be less interesting without the before and after section! so keep posting thanks!!

Eibhlin ni Sheambrai
09-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Hi Unapam, this was posted before I even joined JT. What a beauty--the cabinet--though I'm sure you're not too bad yourself!! I love what you did with the sheet music--must show to my mum who is a musician and is falling down with old music. I've tried to convince her before that people have other uses besides playing the music--maybe when she sees this she might part with some. Eibh.

LolaDee
20-02-2011, 09:02 PM
hey if your mom parts with any of those old sheet music I'd love to take them for something similar to what unapam has done here