PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: have a JT stall/section in fetes/carboot sales/sales of work etc?

Ciss
10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Hello, I have a suggestion which could make JT more famous/popular - why not have a JT stall/section in fetes/sales of work/carboot sales where people can bring or take away items? Any leftovers could then be posted on JT.

AFAIK, there is a carboot sale every Sat in Celbridge so this could be a start? I could help out (not every week though as I'll need to go down the country) but I don't have storage to store leftovers as I live in an apartment.

Sky
10-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I used to love going to that boot sale but alas it no longer takes place. Good idea though.

lislaw
10-07-2008, 05:08 PM
AFAIK, there is a carboot sale every Sat in Celbridge so this could be a start? I could help out (not every week though as I'll need to go down the country) but I don't have storage to store leftovers as I live in an apartment.

Hey Ciss, what does AFAIK mean....my computer speak knowledge is somewhat lacking it appears

Lisa

Chris P
10-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Hey Ciss, what does AFAIK mean....my computer speak knowledge is somewhat lacking it appears

Lisa
AFAIK? It's an acronym for As Far As I Know.

lislaw
10-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Course it is....hang on till I turn my brain back on.....I swear these kids of mine are making me more stupid every day....thanks Chris
Lisa

Chris P
10-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Hello, I have a suggestion which could make JT more famous/popular - why not have a JT stall/section in fetes/sales of work/carboot sales where people can bring or take away items? Any leftovers could then be posted on JT.
Thanks for the suggestion, Ciss, but Admin has no intention of getting involved in free car-booting -- we're busy enough as it is! The idea of Givers bringing their items to a venue also runs counter to JumbleTown's modus operandi where it is the Takers who do the travelling to collect items, thereby saving Givers a journey.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

tudlytops
11-07-2008, 08:24 PM
The idea in theory is great, but now imagine this.

When you place a item here to give away, you get a rush of people replying, every one of them trying to be the first, so now imagine you place the items on a table and everyone wants to be the first.
The person (s) running the table would get mobbed.
People have been known to fight in places like Lidl for special offers, I can only imagine what they would do for free stuff.

carissa
12-07-2008, 12:19 PM
good point, i picked up a dishwasher only to find it doesnt work, have to take it to recycling, thats the luck of the draw, but wouldnt be much fun for stall holders to have to dispose of items