PDA

View Full Version : Picture-frame: Caught the (not so much) re-purposing bug

Mickey
17-07-2008, 08:26 PM
Hi guys,

Inspired by your creative talent and fabulous contributions to this site I thought I'd put my toe in and try a little something too.

My mother-in-law sent us a charcoal picture she did in art class for Christmas. We were given some old prints in frames and this frame was the only one big enough.

It was a lovely frame already but not suited for the picture we needed to frame. Took the frame to the kitchen, put it on some paper and thought how would I make it black to match the pic. I know :o)... shoe polish :o). It dries doesn't it? Hubby was more than sceptical and rather irritated that I was wasting valuable time.

25 mins later the polish was dry. I was going to give it a second coat but decided it looked quite ok with a bit of a grain look to it.

Not as fancy as the stuff you guys produce - but hey, beginner here :o)

Hope you like it:o)

Mickey

Chris P
17-07-2008, 09:07 PM
Impressive work, Mickey!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Linn
17-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Well done Mickey, a very impressive job!

carissa
18-07-2008, 08:13 AM
great job mickey, never would have thought of using shoe polish !

unapam
18-07-2008, 02:06 PM
Mickey...that's fabulous! What a great idea and it turned out super. It looks wonderful on the wall and the frame really compliments it. Well done!

Mickey
18-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys :o). You are all very encouraging.

unapam
18-07-2008, 08:24 PM
In the excitement of admiring your cool frame I forgot to say what a great drawing your MIL (mother-in-law) did! It is absolutely beautiful! You have a great talent there..Mrs Mickey-in-Law

Mickey
18-07-2008, 08:42 PM
LOL - Thank you, I will tell her that her work has been admired from many corners of Ireland and that she may have some commission work coming her way ;O)

lislaw
19-07-2008, 10:54 AM
Mickey...that's fabulous! What a great idea and it turned out super. It looks wonderful on the wall and the frame really compliments it. Well done!

Now, Mickey, you do realise that's high praise from a pro!!!!

My immediate response to your pics was "WOW, that's deadly" Am rooting out my shoepolish as I speak - type - You know what I mean!! ;)

Lisa

Mickey
20-07-2008, 01:33 PM
Now, Mickey, you do realise that's high praise from a pro!

I do indeed, I am truly humbled in my meagre efforts - but also inspired to even greater 'feets' :o)

colmsmum
20-07-2008, 10:17 PM
Well done, it looks great. I would never have thought of that. Shoe polish will be on next weeks shopping list, lol!

Guns n Roses
23-07-2008, 06:55 PM
brilliant idea mickey;~)