PDA

View Full Version : Cottage #2

unapam
10-08-2008, 10:51 PM
Is it possible to furnish a whole room with just recycled items? A kitchen for example...
Here is a Before of my kitchen and the After...After I sourced everything it needed on Jumbletown, charity shops, donations from friends, made it myself, raided skips etc..... everything needed to kit out a kitchen...everything - curtains, cutlery, glasses, dishes, plates, chairs, toaster, kettle, cooker, linens...EVERYTHING! Nothing new except the wooden boards for the ceiling and the paint.

It is possible - if you are prepared to put in the effort to source used items.
It is very satisfying - it did not start off as a recycling project but once it got going I made up my mind to see it through as one.

I will add more before and afters of the other rooms that...yes, you guessed it! ...are totally furnished with recycled stuff. I hope to inspire others to do the same because it IS possible to do ...and the best thing? I met wonderful like minded people while putting it together. Thanks to everyone who made a contribution. Shamrocklady..do you see your plates? Sky...see your cabinet and curtains?

More before and after photos...

mollydolly271
10-08-2008, 10:53 PM
thats fab well done

Chris P
10-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Hi unapam,

As always, your resourcefulness and handiwork are inspired/inspiring.

Thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

HappyHunter
11-08-2008, 01:13 AM
Beautiful work Pam.

You have been an inspiration to me. I love
the plates & how you have them displayed.

HH

Narizota
11-08-2008, 08:33 AM
The dresser is lovely,as is the rest of the kitchen!

Have you much more to do with the cottage?

unapam
11-08-2008, 12:37 PM
We're nearly finished the cottage. I have sourced all of the bigger items and now just need decorative stuff, linens and such (which I will never have enough of)

I rarely find things on JT now as after a while on here I find I have most of what I need. I still look though!

So, newcomers to this site - don't get excited or upset if you don't get what you ask for. You will get it all in time...and keep in mind : everything you get is a bonus and don't worry about what other people get.
Happy hunting!

carissa
11-08-2008, 01:08 PM
kitchen looks great, really bright & cheery, well done !

Betty Boo 69
11-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Your kitchen looks great.. very shabby chic!! Goes to show that you don't have to spend a fortune to get a lovely kitchen that really suits the cottage. Well done!!

Linn
11-08-2008, 09:48 PM
Unapam you should hire yourself out. You'd make a fourtune turning things into master pieces. Well done.

unapam
18-09-2008, 10:26 PM
I have posted more pics of the cottage rooms. Hope you like them. Thanks to all Jumbletowners who helped make it so cosy.

Bettybooboopbedoop
18-09-2008, 10:32 PM
The decor looks fab. I had a similar theme in our old house for the kitchen (farmhouse) style. My mothers and grandmothers plates looked great on the wall. The old styles always look the best, lots of character. Well done, it looks absolutely lovely.

beldarin
19-09-2008, 04:53 PM
Inspiring.

Fair play, every room looks great
What have you left to do?
(apart from the stone kitchen floor, which I'm awaiting with keen interest!)

unapam
19-09-2008, 11:01 PM
Inspiring.

Fair play, every room looks great
What have you left to do?
(apart from the stone kitchen floor, which I'm awaiting with keen interest!)

Hi Beldarin, Well I have to finish that floor (I'll be giving it a good "go" next weekend) two ceilings to be boarded, one floor to be laid (in bedroom) and then it is outside to tackle the jungle, create a driveway, garden etc. We gave ourselves a target of 5 years to get it comfy...and after just two we are nearly there! ...thanks to Jumbletowners! After that it is just a matter of "fluffing" up with decorative thingies. Thanks so much for your kind comments...Unapam

Bunty
22-09-2008, 10:21 AM
Hi Unapam,
I must send my congrats. to you on your great work on this project. It is clear that it was a large undertaking. However with your hard work & commitment and inspirational ideas, it certainly has paid off & you must feel proud of your endeavours.
I wish you all the best with your further restoration work!! (I envy your energy)
God Bless,
Bunty.

Ronkie
22-09-2008, 12:23 PM
well what can i say that has not been said, you are a women with many talents, well done.