PDA

View Full Version : most useful item?

kilk
14-08-2008, 06:16 PM
hi everybody,
just wondering what is the most useful item you have received on jt?

Marathon Man
14-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Would have to say the computer desk I'm now sitting at..! Virtually brand new corner desk with storage areas for discs, cables, printed, hard drive, etc, etc. Got it from a girl living just off Clanbrassil Street.

Either that or my (once again virtually brand nes) Flymo mower, received from a chap in Blessington. Would use it more if it would stop raining...!!!

angling mad
14-08-2008, 11:44 PM
this is the best thing i got as you can see i am still working on it will post more pics when its all done

BERTYBOY3311
15-08-2008, 08:08 AM
I think the best items I have received from Jumbletown are: A Go-kart for my daughter an almost brand new table and chairs and a brand new dog kennel!
Cheers to all,
Berty

Elen
15-08-2008, 09:31 AM
Hi, my most useful item was a DISHWASHER , I am so happy !!!!

Naillij
15-08-2008, 11:03 AM
I havnt taken any items yet but I havnt given away loads so my most useful item......an empty attic and some empty wardrobes that ive had fun filling up with new clothes!!!

biker chick
15-08-2008, 11:17 AM
I recieved this beautiful corner tv unit, swings & glider set for my kids from very very kind JT & many more fab items & i have given loads of items in return to very nice JT,keep up all the good work & well done & thank you for all the people behind JT who do a fantastic job a++++++++++++++
best wishes
sisterevelyn

pitje
15-08-2008, 07:57 PM
i think the idea behind jumbletown is brilliant,there is so much waste in Ireland today,its scary to think of how people struggled not too long ago.....what has happened here im not sure ,but well done to jumbletown,its a great way for people to share and care....keep up the good work,hope it gets on t.v soon on one of these makeover shows, so that everyone in ireland knows about this wonderful site....

bings
16-08-2008, 06:49 AM
Hi best items were holiday vouchers that were used for special olympics and am still collecting them and a stereo

Tabitharose
16-08-2008, 08:59 AM
for me the best thing was when I found a lovely kitchen pine table that extended (it was the same as mine except mine didn't extend & I'd wanted to change it for ages) I found a new home for mine on a Friday, and moved my new one in on the Saturday - matched my chairs perfectly - it's been used daily for the last 2ish years now....

I've also managed to collect lots of stuff that has gone to animal rescues who have really needed & been very grateful for the items they've received; blankets, towels, dog beds, cat beds, baby gates, dog crates, cat carriers and even a dyson hoover....

lanesborobabe
16-08-2008, 09:24 AM
best thing i got was my kitchen was wrong shape a first but my hubby kindly chopped and reshaped it

Jumbles
02-10-2008, 04:24 AM
wow, you got that kitchen on here!? It's beautiful!

lemencass
02-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Since joining I have gotten so many things! I use them all too! A 8 foot couch for a very tall hubbie!! Dressing tables,removed mirrors so they could be used as computer desks then paint mirror and hang the wrong way for a full length mirror. A dresser which was hand made and is nice and narrow. Chairs,wardrobes,pull out sofas,kitchen table,c.d.'s. We ,no my hubbie is having a problem with JT in that we now have very little exposed wall space but I do not want to give up my treasures! I wanted a sofa bed and when he saw how much they would cost he said why not look on JT!! This is the very man when we went to collect our first treasure said"if they are getting rid,there must be a reason". Just goes to show you you can teach an auld dawg new tricks!! I have met alot of really lovely people too, the boat looks great by the way. I have become a JT addict,have to log on every day to see what is new,but where to put it........we could always convert the attic,I am sure I saw some board some where ....LOL

livfor
02-10-2008, 10:08 AM
have got very useful items off jt and thank you to all the givers but thing i realy like about JT is that fact i go down the hall and key into my computer and i have entered a hole new world without needing a babysitter or leaving my house
its great and its thanks to everyone that makes it this way that what i think is tha best thing i have got off Jt
and gives me somthing different to talk about in stead of the kids all the time
i love them but am sure everyone is sick of hearing about them
all the the best
Liv

Linn
02-10-2008, 10:18 AM
have got very useful items off jt and thank you to all the givers but thing i realy like about JT is that fact i go down the hall and key into my computer and i have entered a hole new world without needing a babysitter or leaving my house
its great and its thanks to everyone that makes it this way that what i think is tha best thing i have got off Jt
and gives me somthing different to talk about in stead of the kids all the time
i love them but am sure everyone is sick of hearing about them
all the the best
Liv

Livfor i agree with you 100%. Ive made some wonderful new pals on Jumbletown. some ive met and others i havent met. Also you can chat to people (pming) and help each other out. Also like you said when you with the kids all day its nice to have your jumbletown family at the click of a mouse. So the best thing ive got of jumbletown is the hundreds of new brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, neices and nephews. Only bad thing is my christmas card list just went through the roof.

Tribesman06
02-10-2008, 12:43 PM
A car trailer. Thank You So Much

bluecurlygirl
02-10-2008, 01:07 PM
All the wonderful advice in the green section from fellow JT members. Priceless.

Tallon
02-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Everything I recieved off here is great...
Thanks everyone

Ocker
02-10-2008, 03:11 PM
King Kilkie, you're a maestro at coming up with these great ideas. No wonder you made it to throne. You're picture of the guy fishing has made such a difference. The old guy was so inspired he gave up smoking, got fit and is now back fishing, travelling by bike. That would have to be the most life changing gift ever.

ducktapeman
03-10-2008, 09:35 PM
this is the best thing i got as you can see i am still working on it will post more pics when its all done
thats so cool hope u finish

Chris P
03-10-2008, 09:55 PM
thats so cool hope u finish
Hi ducktapeman,

Angling mad is almost finished working on his boat. Please see here:

http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/showthread.php?t=34079

Reagrds
Chris P
Admin

ducktapeman
04-10-2008, 10:58 AM