PDA

View Full Version : Recycled wooden pegs

angling mad
21-08-2008, 10:36 PM
This is what my son makes when the springs fall off the clothes pegs

Bawnie
21-08-2008, 10:47 PM
Wow!! They are lovely! They'd make great christmas presents or mobile phone holders!! Talented son you have! :) Thanks for photo.. I love rocking chairs

Chris P
21-08-2008, 10:48 PM
Thrones fit for a fairy queen -- nice work, son of angling mad!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

WaterRose
21-08-2008, 10:55 PM
They are really very nice!!!

easyliving
21-08-2008, 11:05 PM
Your son is so inventive, thay are so lovely, he should make a complete set of furniture for dolls!
Great work.
Cara

They are really very nice!!!

unapam
22-08-2008, 05:18 AM
Fabulous! Well done..

chakes
23-08-2008, 01:07 PM
Great Imagination

benny26
26-08-2008, 03:41 PM

Dear peg lovers
When you old pegs are fed up you bye a new set,

But with the new wooden pegs you mix a bit of varnish with a bit of spirits thet,s is a one to one mix in a plastic tub so that they can be mixed and the move around and absorb the varnish thus making them water proof for longer.

Put the pegs into the tin and let them soak up the mixture say and hour then tos them out on a flat plastic sheet and then let them dry in the sun? when it comes out. after that loosen the pegs so thst they wont stick this makes them last longer but a bit messy

What do you think!

tudlytops
27-08-2008, 09:22 PM
They're great, my girl learned to do them at school, now she does loads of diferent stuff, chairs, tables, mini houses, its great but I'm running out of space to display them.

Andy94 asked me to post some photos

The ones in the photos aren't finished yet, she makes little cushions and paints them, they really cute, i love the gazebo.

Sky
30-08-2008, 09:42 PM
They are gorgeous! Your son must be chuffed with himself. This is a great idea to keep the kids busy during the long wet winter days.

Bettybooboopbedoop
30-08-2008, 09:53 PM
I love the garden gazebo. Would like to see a pic when it is finished. I used to make some years ago with the Girl Guides, god, that was years ago. Great to see that some crafts don't die out, just improve. They also help to amuse our children, and ourselves, of course lol

bluecurlygirl
09-10-2008, 11:31 AM
It never occurred to me to do anything like this with broken pegs but I'll be starting now I can tell you. They're all fabulous. Anglingmad your son obviously gets his talents from yourself. Wow, such talented kids out there. Imagine the ideas they're gonna be posting in years to come!!

HappyHunter
09-10-2008, 12:00 PM
The pegcraft is wonderful to see, we used to do similar when we were children. Pegs and ice pop sticks were used to create items for the dolls houses we'd make with cardboard boxes.

From shoe box size up, boxes can be put to great use. We even had two story houses. We would cut out windows and doors and even put sections in to create rooms. We'd use scraps of wallpaper and dressmaking material to decorate the walls, curtains, and make bedclothes. Beds were made with empty matchboxes.

Child size Playhouses can also be made from big cardboard.

Then if something happened to the homemade toy it did not matter and there was no money wasted and my younger siblings had fun for hours.

Great to see kids being creative.

K

Linn
09-10-2008, 12:29 PM
Well done to Angling mads Son & Tudlytops Daughter. You are both very clever kids. Future greentippers in the making. Jumbletown fever is catching on in the generations.

bluecurlygirl
09-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Tudlytops would your daughter like some scraps of aida fabric and coloured thread for more creations? She's fantastic and you can tell her that there are many jumbletowners admiring her handywork.

amethyst
09-10-2008, 01:23 PM
Hi ANGLING MAD and TUDDLYTOPS,
I'm sure your son and daughter could make wonderful xmas cribs with these wooden pegs.
Is't it great to see the youth being so inventive with their hands and using their TALENTS.
Well done, and happy pegging!
Amethyst.

bluecurlygirl
09-10-2008, 02:52 PM
Benny26 thanks for the tip. All we need now is the sun!