PDA

View Full Version : region and county appearing in numbers

Beckie
25-08-2008, 07:43 AM
Hi Chris
Why is it that sometimes the regions and countys appear as numbers. This has only happened in the last few weeks and I havent changed any of the settings on my pc. Logging off and on again doesnt solve the problem.

Beckie

Chris P
25-08-2008, 07:47 AM
Hi Chris
Why is it that sometimes the regions and countys appear as numbers. This has only happened in the last few weeks and I havent changed any of the settings on my pc. Logging off and on again doesnt solve the problem.

Beckie
Numbers? Not sure what's going on there, Becky. I'll ask the techies to investigate and get back to you.

Thanks for the feedback.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Dave Hagan
25-08-2008, 11:17 AM
Hi Becky,

As a temporary workaround you can select individual counties in the "Find New Items" box and the results will be returned with the counties and regions showing.

We're still investigating the problem at this stage.

Regards
Dave Hagan
Admin

Bettybooboopbedoop
25-08-2008, 03:54 PM
I've always had the numbers shown. Wondered if there was a section to check out which numbers were which counties but never found anything. Just the numbers.

Beckie
25-08-2008, 06:20 PM
it doesn't happen all the time.. but is happening more and more in the last few weeks. Also, when numbers appear the reply, view and forum columns are greyed out.

Chris P
25-08-2008, 06:25 PM
Thanks for the feedback, guys. The techies are looking into the problem.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Beckie
25-08-2008, 09:32 PM
Chris, just to let you know the problem occurs when it's returning search results as opposed to browsing. when i click on search for new items in all counties the table is formatting incorrectly. Contents of last three columns appear in three columns after item being offered with nothing in last three.

Hope this helps the tech guys....

Beckie

Chris P
25-08-2008, 09:36 PM
Chris, just to let you know the problem occurs when it's returning search results as opposed to browsing. when i click on search for new items in all counties the table is formatting incorrectly. Contents of last three columns appear in three columns after item being offered with nothing in last three.

Hope this helps the tech guys....

Beckie
Thanks, Becky. I'll pass this info on to the techies.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Beckie
25-08-2008, 09:37 PM
and then it doesnt happen just to prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris P
25-08-2008, 09:43 PM
and then it doesnt happen just to prove me wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I noticed that "three empty column" thingy a while back, Beckie. It seems to be a part-time rather than a
full-time gremlin. We're looking into it.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bettybooboopbedoop
25-08-2008, 10:06 PM
If i have an item to give I go to the Wanted Section and type in the item to see if anyone is looking for it. The post comes up but the region and county have always come up as numbers. Checked it out a while ago and it's still the same. Anyway it's no biggie. As long as I can pass on my items to someone, there's no problem.

sparklyirisheyes
29-08-2008, 12:26 PM
I have same problems all the time as those described above!

Chris P
29-08-2008, 03:03 PM
I have same problems all the time as those described above!
Hi sparklyirisheyes,

The techies are looking into this at the moment.

Regards
Chris P
Admin