PDA

View Full Version : recycling old clothes

poppey
28-08-2008, 09:58 AM
Hi

I have old clothes that are really past it and not suitable for donating to anyone.

How do I go about recycling them?

thanks in advance

WaterRose
28-08-2008, 10:11 AM
clothing collection bins?
there are no any word about donation...

Kernow
28-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Most charity shops would have a facility to recycle cloth (Nearly 75% of donations are not suitable for selling) Just tell them, when dropping it off that its for recycling as it will save them sorting it.

Chris P
28-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Hi

I have old clothes that are really past it and not suitable for donating to anyone.

How do I go about recycling them?

thanks in advance
Hi poppey,

As you know, several Bring Banks accept reuseable clothes but very few accept non-reuseable. The only one I know of off the top of my head is the one at Ard Mhuire National School, Belgard, D24.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Guns n Roses
28-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi poppey,

As you know, several Bring Banks accept reuseable clothes but very few accept non-reuseable. The only one I know of off the top of my head is the one at Ard Mhuire National School, Belgard, D24.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Theres one in marlay park and one in nutgrove shopping centre too.

Ruthy
28-08-2008, 03:12 PM
The charities might not thank you for bringing non-reusable clothes! We did a leaflet on recycling and one charity rang us up and complained we were encouraging people to dump unusable clothes on them.....

The www.dublinwaste.ie website has a search facility for recycling, and one of the categories was non-reusable clothes, a quick search seemed to show several faclities that would take them, I couldn't copy the list for here.

If you try this search it will show which facilites take them, and clicking on the link then shows their opening times, location etc.

Ruth

Chris P
28-08-2008, 04:57 PM
Hi poppey,

Hope this helps.

Regards
Chris P
Admin
Hi Poppey,

You're in D12, no?

As an alternative to the Bring Bank mentioned above, you could try...

Ballymount Recycling Centre
Ballymount Lane
Ballymount Industrial Estate
D12

Phone Tel: 01-4621251
Opening hours Mon-Fri 09.30-17.00
Sat 09.00-17.30
Sun 09.30-17.00
Bank Holidays 09.30-17.00

Regards
Chris P
Admin

poppey
28-08-2008, 06:30 PM
thanks very much everyone, very helpful!