PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen Floor: Work in Progress...

unapam
04-09-2008, 09:00 PM
This is a before and during of the kitchen floor. (After will follow when it is finished)

We are using natural stone flagstones from the mountain the cottage is located on. They came in huge slabs and we had to use hammer and chisel to split them to usable sizes. So this qualifies as repurposing too!

Finally finished! Ill health put a stop to this project for 18 months. I finally got it done a couple of weeks ago and painted it black.

Sabrinabray
04-09-2008, 09:06 PM
Hope the little dog was not on the mountain too!

Chris P
04-09-2008, 09:18 PM
This is a before and during of the kitchen floor. (After will follow when it is finished)

We are using natural stone flagstones from the mountain the cottage is located on. They came in huge slabs and we had to use hammer and chisel to split them to usable sizes. So this qualifies as repurposing too!
Looks like a lot of hard work, unapam, but it'll be worth all the effort. Keep it up!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

HappyHunter
04-09-2008, 10:17 PM
Ohhh wow this is going to look fantastic when you've finished Pam. You look very professional there with the spirit level and trowel. Look forward to seeing the finished results.

greenhouse
16-09-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Pam

Would love to chat to you about all your work on the house for a piece I'm researching. I'm at cathcleary@hotmail.com if you could email me please. Many thanks

Ronkie
16-09-2008, 09:51 AM
Wish you all the best with your kitchen floor, cant wait to see it finished.

beldarin
16-09-2008, 09:05 PM

God you've a tough bit of work ahead of you, bet you'll be sorry you started more than a few times, but I can only imagine how much joy you'll get for years to come seeing your efforts all around you looking so good.

I often think I'd love the luxury of hiring professionals to do a job, how nice it would be to walk in and buy the best available materials, instead of making what you have work instead, but, nothing beats the feeling of standing back when the jobs all done & dusted, and saying " I did that, and it looks great."
Enjoy!

Tootsie
27-09-2008, 09:57 AM
What's his/her name? We had two little Yorkies : (

unapam
18-10-2010, 06:31 PM
Can't believe it took this long. Serious illness put a stop to all work for a while. Now finished - at last!

unapam
18-10-2010, 06:32 PM
What's his/her name? We had two little Yorkies : (

Hi, her name was Pretty. Sadly she has passed on since that photo was taken.