PDA

View Full Version : Cigarette smoke odour

poppey
11-09-2008, 08:52 PM
Hi

Would anyone have a chemical free way of getting rid of a very strong smell of cigarettes in a house please

thanks in advance

Ronkie
11-09-2008, 09:07 PM
sented candles. or the old way is a bowl of water peel the skin of an onion cut the top and bottom of it and leave it in the water over night, you might have to do this a few times if the smell is very bad..

enree
11-09-2008, 09:25 PM
seen it on kim and aggie, but if you get a few drops of essential oil and put on a tissue and rub very gently on your light bulbs.

anjoy
11-09-2008, 09:26 PM
I use a slice of onion or lemon for smells in my fridge, especially after strong smelly delicious French cheese, works a treat! May work for smoke too. I'm a smoker, so is my partner, I have a bowl of pot pourri in my sitttingroom, my window is always open on the security latch, so just a bit and every morning I smell the pot pourri not smoke. I like to light candles but don't always, not sure how effective they are but the pot pourri works one way or the other.

Stuarty
11-09-2008, 09:29 PM
coming into the winter a couple of drops of essential oil on a tissue in a warm radiator works too

poppey
11-09-2008, 09:30 PM
thanks everyone!

enree
11-09-2008, 09:32 PM
almost forget I had this website saved into my favourites!!

whoops! I forget to post the link!!!

http://www.care2.com/greenliving/

mammasboys
13-09-2008, 06:29 PM
You can make a really good air freshener with an empty, clean spray bottle, pour in about 1 shot of vodka, add about 20 drops of essential oil, top up with water about 1 pint and hey presto, non chemical air freshener that kills bugs too. Do not spray directly onto varnished surfaces. Especially good with tea tree oil when someone is sick in the house, kills the bugs naturally.

transylvania
13-09-2008, 06:40 PM
try with some candels