PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed: kitchen tiles

shonastar
25-09-2008, 09:39 PM
We had some tiles left over from our kitchen when we lived in Italy, so I made a table! My boyfriend made the metal frame for the table and the top is just a sheet of wood tiled over with.............leftover tiles from the kitchen! I broke them up and made a randon pattern to fit with the quantity of each colour, stuck them on (bit like a jigsaw puzzle) grouted them and voila, a table that has served us well.........bbqs, dinky toy races, homework, diy, drinking wine by candlelight.............the pictures don't do it justice believe me!!!

xmillyx2007
25-09-2008, 10:04 PM
The table looks great... good job...
I'm new to jumble town and i have to say there's some very good idea's i.e like your table, great way of using all your left over bits...

Chris P
25-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Fantastic work, shonastar! Fine crafting and design.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bunty
25-09-2008, 11:04 PM
This is really a work of art. Very well done.
Regards,
bunty

Bettybooboopbedoop
25-09-2008, 11:47 PM
I love it. Very creative. It will never go out of style (the beautiful thing of handmade crafts) Great size too. Very good job.

unapam
26-09-2008, 12:19 AM
Amazing! I abdicate...I'm not the queen of the jumble anymore...you are! LOL! I love it.

Chris P
26-09-2008, 12:41 AM
Amazing! I abdicate...I'm not the queen of the jumble anymore...you are! LOL! I love it.
Strewth! An abdication crisis!

Unapam, we can't afford to pension you off.

What about your royal duties?

PIC: JumbleTown's backroom staff contemplate a post-unapamic world.

unapam
26-09-2008, 01:05 AM

Can't afford to pension me off?

I'm open to offers! (make it a good one or...Off with your head!)

shonastar
26-09-2008, 07:41 AM
Ha ha! I think I'll remain a humble subject, long live Queen Unapam!!! It was Unapam's before and after pics which inspired me to post my own. Thanks once again for all the lovely comments, Vicky x

Linn
27-09-2008, 08:17 AM
Shonastar your table is fab, well done . Queen Unapam is getting her own Groupies lol. Maybe you could be Princess Shonastar.

shonastar
27-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Wow Linn, Princess Shonastar.....................it does have a certain regal tone to it!!! Now if only I could get my family to treat me with the respect due to a woman of my station lol. xxx

unapam
27-09-2008, 11:25 PM

PIC: JumbleTown's backroom staff contemplate a post-unapamic world.

Ah yes, I like this scenario...lots of worried men...all because of me. I like worrying men...and I do it so well...*just ask my husband...LOL!

MarieMc
14-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Love this must get my husband to have a look at this. Well done.

magda_ola
24-07-2010, 07:00 PM
wow!
great job