PDA

View Full Version : Where have the little blue ticks gone???

erica
01-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm just wondering why I don't see a little blue tick on the right of my wanted ads any more. It used to be there to indicate forums you've responded to, but now it isn't! It was very handy when scrolling down to find my ads!

Chris P
01-10-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm just wondering why I don't see a little blue tick on the right of my wanted ads any more. It used to be there to indicate forums you've responded to, but now it isn't! It was very handy when scrolling down to find my ads!
Hi erica,

An individual Member's ads are indicated by an arrow pointing down.

The blue tick simply means that it's a new ad or that a post has been added. Once you've viewed this ad, the blue tick disappears. In other words, it's an old ad on your particular screen.

See the bottom left of each of the forums for a checklist of the symbols used.

Clicking on your User Name also allows you to check your posts and threads started. When the new window pops up, click on "Find all posts by erica" or "Find all threads started by erica."

Also, you can use the Search function at the top right of each of the forums. Simply enter a key item word.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

erica
01-10-2008, 01:57 PM
No, I mean the blue tick that used to appear on the far right of any thread I had responded to. It used to appear where the little camera icon appears when there are photos on the thread.

Chris P
01-10-2008, 02:05 PM
No, I mean the blue tick that used to appear on the far right of any thread I had responded to. It used to appear where the little camera icon appears when there are photos on the thread.
Hi erica,

Are you sure you aren't referring to the white tick in a blue box on the left hand side that indicates a new ad? As I said in my post above, a thread that you've responded to is indicated by a downward pointing arrow on the left.

At the bottom of the listings, there is also a "Mark Forums Read" option. Are you referring to this?

Regards
Chris P
Admin

erica
01-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Nope.... definitely used to see a blue tick on right side of forum, where camera icon appears. So when you went to the wanted section and looked down along the line of ads, you could pick out your ad quickly. It didn't just appear on my own threads, but on any thread I had responded to.

Chris P
01-10-2008, 02:25 PM
Nope.... definitely used to see a blue tick on right side of forum, where camera icon appears. So when you went to the wanted section and looked down along the line of ads, you could pick out your ad quickly. It didn't just appear on my own threads, but on any thread I had responded to.
Ok, erica -- I'll ask one of the techies and get back to you.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Bettybooboopbedoop
01-10-2008, 02:43 PM
Don't know if it's any help, but i get a white tick in a lovely blue box. Makes the whole thing look blue, but the tick is white. (beside the camera icon). Hope this helps.

Chris P
01-10-2008, 02:48 PM
Don't know if it's any help, but i get a white tick in a lovely blue box. Makes the whole thing look blue, but the tick is white. (beside the camera icon). Hope this helps.
Thanks for the feedback, Betty. That sounds like the "New Post" icon which disappears after a while. On my screen, which is configured slightly differently, it's on the left. As I said, I'll run it by the techies.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

BillieT
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
Yep I have a white tick too in a little blue box right beside the camera icon - But if you had asked me before I looked just now, I would have said it was a blue one - (not white on a blue background).