PDA

View Full Version : recycling motorbike helmets?????

bounci
16-10-2008, 04:10 PM
anyone know of any thing I can do with them??? they are not safe to wear>

bandit
16-10-2008, 08:30 PM
theres a person looking for old bike lids in this site,
www.irishbikerforum.com

Linn
16-10-2008, 08:54 PM
Hiya ive sent you a pm regarding the helmets. My brother would love them and ive explained why in the pm.
Regards Linn

64moog
01-01-2010, 08:55 PM
NEVER buy or use a second hand motorcycle helmet to protect your head, it may look good on the outside but you will never see the hairline fractures inside the helmet that it may have got from it being dropped from the hand to the ground, or worse in a previous accident, cause when you need the lid the most it will open like and eggshell and your head with it.Buy new everytime and look after it.

chucken1
01-01-2010, 09:05 PM
You can hang them upside down from a tree and hopefully attract a nesting bird!! or use them as planters!!

jmara
07-10-2011, 02:42 PM
Hi there,
I work with a childrens charity and each year we do a big childrens Halloween show. This year our theme is SpeedRacer so Ive been looking for helmets that we can use for costumes. I would gladly take them off your hands if you still have them. Thanks, Joanne

Horse
21-10-2011, 07:02 AM
theres a couple of charities collect them for recycling to raise funds, i think crumlin kids hospital was one of them?????

bridera
12-05-2013, 09:12 AM
Anyone any suggestion of what I can do with a second hand helmet? The previous suggestions are good but they are a couple of years old now

Bellapip
13-05-2013, 05:30 PM
I think you could make really interesting bird baths and bird feeders with them, a good old drill would make this job simple.
Or what about a row of them as planters, or spray paint them all with Mirror look paint, and place them around the garden they would make a very interesting talking point.
You could phone local St Johns Ambulance service, or Civil Defense if you don't want to use them yourself, to see if they can use them in demonstrations etc.