PDA

View Full Version : Small question re: view-counter

Anfearisfearr
27-10-2008, 02:16 PM
Having posted a request on wanted forum I was surprised to see that it had been viewed twice even before I had chance to view it.Is there a magic formula for doing this or is it simpler than that.

Tallon
27-10-2008, 02:26 PM
when stuff is going for free, you'll get people looking pretty dam fast at stuf, lol

Bettybooboopbedoop
27-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Yes, i think you're right. I have often posted stuff, to find that it has 2 or 3 viewings as i submit my post. I suppose whoever is browsing in that section gets to see the post pretty quick. Lucky them.

Anfearisfearr
27-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Ye but this is instant.Dont think its humanly possible .Maybe some electrickery in form of program? Maybe not.The guru will surely inform me.Have posted a test just to prove and yes there was two views before i could press return.

Bettybooboopbedoop
27-10-2008, 02:32 PM
mmmm maybe admin...having a sneak preview....Might be no harm at times.

Anfearisfearr
27-10-2008, 02:34 PM
Ye that would be no harm.

Chris P
27-10-2008, 02:57 PM
Having posted a request on wanted forum I was surprised to see that it had been viewed twice even before I had chance to view it.Is there a magic formula for doing this or is it simpler than that.
Hi Anfearisfearr,

I've never noticed that before but you're right, posts seem to start at "2 views," and then possibly jump to four (it's hard to know as Members may click on the ad). After that, the view-counter seems to go up in ones.

It obviously has to do with the coding but that's all a mystery to me. As long as it doesn't interfere with the Giving and Taking process, we can live with it!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Chris P
27-10-2008, 02:59 PM
mmmm maybe admin...having a sneak preview....Might be no harm at times.
Hi guys,

None of the ads on JumbleTown are previewed or reviewed by Admin before they are posted on the public forum.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

Anfearisfearr
27-10-2008, 03:33 PM
Ye I was right,Electrickery.No harm done,just an observtion .Keep up the good work Chris.Brilliant site and genuine.

Bettybooboopbedoop
27-10-2008, 10:39 PM
Ah Chrisss, you could have kept us on our toes there. Thanks for letting us down gently