PDA

View Full Version : re-using containers for pet food

needmoresleep
06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Just thought id pass on what i do :)
I have a plastic tub i put my rabbit and fish food into.
I bring it back to my local pet shop and they refill it for me.
It saves money and means i dont get more packaging each time i buy food.
I done the same thing when had a dog.
I dont know if all pet shops do this but it does help.

unapam
07-11-2008, 01:44 PM
What a great idea. In the fifties this could be done for many groceries. The shops had big drums of tea, sugar etc. It's an idea whose time has come again. A niche in the market for some entrepreneur?

needmoresleep
07-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Well the pet shop here does well with it.
Who doesnt want less rubbish and cheaper food???
It would/could take off well in other places

kiara
07-11-2008, 08:23 PM
you know those clear microwavable/freezable tubs you get wen you order chinese? well if you have a small dog and are just feeding them half a tin of dog food these are great for storing the rest, also for dry food mixed with water if you make too much.

needmoresleep
08-11-2008, 05:09 PM
i use the silver trays from chinese for lasange / shphards pie portions

HappyHunter
08-11-2008, 08:56 PM
My cats have a whole range of feeding trays, one for every day of the week, I use the mushroom trays as their feeding bowls.

I also use plastic trays and milk cartons cut in half for under plant pots and for planting seedlings until they are hardy enough to go into larger pots, you can pierce little holes in the bottom of trays that's don't already have them very easily to allow excess water to drain off.

kiara
08-11-2008, 09:58 PM
My cats have a whole range of feeding trays, one for every day of the week, I use the mushroom trays as their feeding bowls.

I also use plastic trays and milk cartons cut in half for under plant pots and for planting seedlings until they are hardy enough to go into larger pots, you can pierce little holes in the bottom of trays that's don't already have them very easily to allow excess water to drain off.

brill idea im always taking cuttings from my overgrown aloe plant il try the milk cartons!