PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on removing old biro scribbles on dolls

biker chick
06-11-2008, 11:04 PM
My brother has recieved some 2nd hand baby born dolls with old biro scribbles on them for his daughters & we cannot remove the biro scribbles any help or tips on how to remove the ink would be a great help,thank you

unapam
06-11-2008, 11:29 PM
Try using toothpaste. It's supposed to be good for ink. Might work.

jeana
06-11-2008, 11:44 PM
I found that neat JIF or CIF on a toothbrush works or nail varnish remover.

ireneo
07-11-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi
Hairspray is the best for ink, just spray it on and leave it for a few minutes and then wipe it off.
Hope this helps

smokeyeyes
07-11-2008, 12:55 AM
I suggested spraying biro with perfume/aftershave to remove biro marks in another thread. It usually works on almost anything but does depend HOW bad marks are on vinyl dolls as they are more porous. But worth a try anyway, can't hurt (and they'll smell nice!)

amethyst
07-11-2008, 12:14 PM
Hi Sisterevelyn,
Try this natural method:
Cold water
1 tbsp cream of tarter
I tbsp lemon juice
Make paste and apply.
Good luck,
Amethyst.

The Mammy
09-11-2008, 10:20 PM
Hi
Have a look at this link, seems to work

http://makezine.com/pub/tool/Removing_ink_stains_from_toys

Cheers
The Mammy

Just found another similar easier one here

http://www.ehow.com/how_4434935_remove-permanent-ink-dolls.html

Only problem seems to be you need natural sunshine...might be a problem here in Ireland

Michelle Galway
11-11-2008, 05:03 PM
milk left on ink usually works. Great for getting it off shirt pockets and skin.

Country Mother
11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Hi there

When my 2 daughters were small they were always writing on their dolls faces!! lol. I found the best way to get it off was with a bit of JIF/CIF and brillo pad, and presto it worked and it cleaned up the grubby faces of the dolls as well!!

Brillo pad and CIF. Definitely my best bet!!

Cheers

Country Mother

carrielou
12-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Hi, have you tried baby wipes, for some strange reason they remove a lot of stuff.

kiara
14-11-2008, 04:27 PM
i had the same problem when my 3yr old 'tattooed' her beloved baby born (all over), but the doll was just too porous it had soaked the ink, i tryed absolutly everything i could find natural and chemical and although it eventually faded slightly and despite more trys from my (will be soon) mother in law i eventually just bought a new doll. so i hate to say it but this might be one problem that jumbletown just cant solve.

biker chick
14-11-2008, 04:34 PM
my mum has tried everything listed above & no luck removing the biro....my brother bought 2 second hand baby born dolls for his girls as christmas presents & i recon the ink is on them a long time now so he cant really give them the dolls all inked up & they a far too expensive to buy 2 new ones so if anyone has the dolls & is willing to part with them we would be delighted with them thanks to all who helped happy christmas