PDA

View Full Version : text messages!

kiara
10-11-2008, 07:43 PM
i have given out my mobile number to quite a few jtowners lately via pm for arranging collection ONLY but now im receiving regular text messages asking for items that i have posted when the person hasnt even replied to thread! i will not give away items in this manner so please dont text me, i have also had lovely jtowners phoning to make collection arrangments as requested, these are not a problem, but if im giving anything away i will do so only on jumbletown and then i will take phone calls from whoever its been reserved for. kiara

Bettybooboopbedoop
10-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes, i think everyone is a bit wary of giving out their personal numbers, but we can only hope that when we do that people respect the manner in which it is given and use accordingly.

kiara
10-11-2008, 07:55 PM
its just easier for arranging collection but i suppose you cant trust that every1 will behave as expected

Chris P
10-11-2008, 08:20 PM
i have given out my mobile number to quite a few jtowners lately via pm for arranging collection ONLY but now im receiving regular text messages asking for items that i have posted when the person hasnt even replied to thread! i will not give away items in this manner so please dont text me, i have also had lovely jtowners phoning to make collection arrangments as requested, these are not a problem, but if im giving anything away i will do so only on jumbletown and then i will take phone calls from whoever its been reserved for. kiara
Hi kiara,

The people who are contacting you by text message have obviously received your number (from you) at an earlier date and think that it's okay to contact you without posting on you ad/thread. Whether or not you accept their expression of interest is up to you.

However, if a Giver actually posts their mobile phone number on the public forum, then obviously some potential Takers may not even be registered Members of JumbleTown.

Admin recommends that ALL contact details be sent by pm.

Regards
Chris P
Admin

kiara
11-11-2008, 01:30 PM
yes it was by pm, i have previously given out my number to jtowners arranging collection after they have secured as taker on jtown, i have never put my number on a thread!