PDA

View Full Version : advice on old duvets please

SMcE
14-11-2008, 10:09 PM
I have found 2 old feather duvets in my attic, one was in a black plastic bag which was tightly tied and smells VERY musty, the other smells less musty and isn't too bad now that it has been aired. Is it worth sending them to the cleaners or does anyone have any recycling/repurposing ideas? I also have old pillows which I plan to turn into a dog's bed, but I need a dark covered duvet cover which I have posted on the wanted forum, so the duvets would be surplus to requirements for that use, I think.

misstake
14-11-2008, 10:14 PM
if you pm me your address i will send you some old duvet covers now it will take me a few days as i dont get to the post office often ok

MMG
14-11-2008, 10:47 PM
You can get cheap sheets of 'fleece' in Tesco and Dunnes at present. About 4e for a blanket sized piece. Fold duvet a few times and some stitching and the ideal dog cushion - for floor or dog basket. Or I put them on armchairs to prevent our hound dirtying the actual cushions.

The Mammy
14-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Hi
I think it's really hard to get rid of that''Attic'' musty smell, and i'm not sure of the cost of a dry cleaners compared to the cost of a new Duvet....
I saw a request for Duvets and blankets etc earlier today from ''Dogs in distress''
I think they are in finglas, if you cant find anything to do with your Duvets, maybe you should look into donating them to a worthy cause...Just a thought

http://www.dogsindistress.org/

Regards
The Mammy

TeresaH
15-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Hi,

I foster dogs and would love these old duvets to use as beds for them if you are giving them away.

Thanks,

Teresa