PDA

View Full Version : mold on shoes, help!

paprika
21-11-2008, 03:34 PM
Hi all,

the other day I was just gonna put some of my shoes onto JT, when I realized they are covered in mould! Fair enough, I haven't used them for well over a year...
Does anyone know how could I remove it without damaging the shoes themselves? And would it come back after the treatment? They are leather shoes, plus a fabric flip-flop.

Thank you for your help.
Regards,
p

julfren
21-11-2008, 05:18 PM
Hi Paprika

I think if you bring the shoes into your warmest room for a few days and when they are very dry you should be able to wipe the mould off them with a dry cloth. I think it is dampness that causes the mould or more correctly, it could be condensation.

Jul

rccrchickie
25-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Ok I was watching the old goggle box today and there was a section on cheap tips on the Ellen show.

The tip was for jumpers, etc that had been in the back of the wardrobe and smelt of mildew and damp.

Apparently neat vodka will kill the mould and bacteria that causes it.

Applied using a spray bottle.

Again if this will work, I have no idea. I have added a link, it's the third item along.

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2008/11/kym_douglas_unique_beauty_tips.php

paprika
25-11-2008, 06:57 PM
I like the idea. But probably will get drunk in the process.... At least environmental friendly.

Will try it and will let you know if it works.

Although, looking at the price of a bottle of vodka not too sure if I would like to spray it on my shoes.... Anyway, will try to get some cheapie one and try it!

Thanks for the advice!

Regards,
p

Griffen
28-11-2008, 07:57 PM
I've found that wiping any mouldy surface with an antibacterial ,nonbleach wipe seems to work.