PDA

View Full Version : Ms. Joan Pick -- The woman with a tiny carbon footprint

Chris P
25-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Hi Everyone,

Here's a piece about an English woman who runs everywhere, eats nothing but raw food, uses only one light bulb, washes everything by hand and takes bucket baths...

Continue reading here:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2008/nov/13/ethicalliving-carbonfootprints

cavalin
25-11-2008, 10:54 PM
doesn,t she look the picture of peace and contentment.

Neiomi
25-11-2008, 11:03 PM
she looks so young, healthy, and happy............like she does not miss anything

magiceight
25-11-2008, 11:56 PM
I have to chime in about the raw food diet - I've tried it and it's amazing... I never felt so good or had so much energy in my life. It does have its drawbacks (raw plants can be hard to digest, you have to supplement vitamin B12 and make sure you're getting an adequate balance of nutrients), but it's excellent for cleansing and healing :)

jeana
26-11-2008, 12:38 AM
As a Muslim we have ramadhan- dawn to dusk fast everyday for a month- nothing at all not even water- In the Summer months dusk is very late and they do this, even in the Sahara- It's amazing what humans can do, once you can tell yourself that it's worthwhile and important. Regarding green issues it's easy to say, what difference do I make but this lady is only one person but she has certainly influenced me. Wow, I really admire her.