PDA

View Full Version : Home made Xmas presents

MandyD
20-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Are any of you making presents for people this year? If so, what?

I'm putting together a CD of 100 tranquil mood tunes for my friend, who I'm sure will love it. She's really into Enigma, and this music is along the same lines. I'm going to make up the inserts and covers for it too.

Mickey
20-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I made personalised tree ornaments. Placing on each person's dinner plate at the family reunion and also including with Christmas cards sending or handing out (posted a thread on that this morning).

Kids used a Gem Styler (like a Bedazzler) to personalise free gift handbags that a local pharmacy thought were too ugly to give to customers. I think they did a brilliant job :o).

USed a lovely huge jar (from greek olives bought at Lidl) and filled with some (about 60) yummy biccies I made with the kids. Wrapped in voile and tied with a ribbon.

MandyD
20-12-2008, 01:24 PM
Absolutely great ideas there, Mickey! I might even steal some for next year lol

wendywii
21-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Hi MandyD, dont know if you know this lady, but if your friend likes enigma, she'll love Loreena mcKennitt. Beautiful!!

Linn
24-12-2008, 08:50 PM
There is alot of people making wonderful gifts for christmas. I wish i was as creative. Even more i wish i had the time. With 6 kids most days i feel that there isnt enough hours in the day lol. But im going to take all the ideas on board and my new years resolution is to be more creative.
I loved everyones ideas but Mickeys tree ornaments was unique and so beautiful. So im going to try them for next year. SUSH dont tell anyone lol.

punkrock06
19-01-2009, 10:03 PM
i no this is late or early 4 nxt year:L there are some good links
www.craftbits.com (has brillent ideas all year)
www.allfreecrafts.com
www.moneysavingexpert.com (froms, occoations section)

hope this helps if i think of more ill post

Doolough
20-01-2009, 07:25 AM
I knitted hats for my sister and her kids ! And sewed a thing for holding brushes for my mom who started watercolour classes using an old pair of jeans and a bit of flowery material for the lining. I didn't use a pattern but it looks something like
http://painting.about.com/b/2006/11/20/how-to-make-a-roll-up-fabric-brush-holder.htm