PDA

View Full Version : How to clean my sofa please...

Mamaco
16-01-2009, 01:44 PM
Thanks.
I have a new sofa is white cream and my baby make a beautiful drawing with his colors on it... And then I put on some wet color clothes and they left a strange mark on it that I could not take of with normal soap.
Could you please give me the advice how to clean it and where to buy it.
I need it white and very clean.

Thank you for your help. please PM,,,

bluecurlygirl
16-01-2009, 03:02 PM
Is it fabric, leather or what?

Hotlipsxx01
16-01-2009, 03:16 PM
try carbolic soap, wet it slightly and rub in, it may leave some residue which you should be able to scrub out with toothbrush, consider the material before doing it though

3kidmum
16-01-2009, 06:21 PM
believe it or not baby wipes are pretty good at getting lots of stains out of things if its a leather suite you can get stuff in lidl called Bio Cleaning Stone which you can give it a good scrub with

Lee36
25-01-2009, 02:48 AM
the baby wipes method worries me as yes you are quite right that they get out lots of stains.i clean MY BABY with wipes and no reaction.I have excema and am allergic to any soap,make up etc and YET CAN USE WIPES AND ONLY WIPES TO WASH MY FACE and no reaction....... so why prey tell do these magic moist things remove all manner of toxic things and yet are so gentle 4 me and my baby and no i'm not selling wipes. I PROMISE!!!!!!

bluecurlygirl
27-01-2009, 04:33 PM
And yet when I used them on my daughter's bottom as a baby she exploded in ulcers. The other morning in a rush I wiped her mouth with one (after eating chocolate cereal - she's over 3 and a half now) within minutes around her mouth was covered in red lumps. I wouldn't advocate them for people. I use them to clean rubber stamps for cardmaking (alcohol free ones only - alcohol will damage the stamps)

EI1429
29-01-2009, 01:10 PM
after three years of cleaning with EVERY product on the market, i bought a cheep bottle of car seat cleaner for the work car as my son got sick on the seats the day before i was to give the boss the car.
Anyway... i used this cleaner on the leather sofa and it sparkled, problem is i dont know the name of it.

Description
Can be got in statoil garage
about 9euro
compressed bottle about 10 or 12 inches tall
rough bristles in top with spray in the middle
black bottle with cream car seat (rear)

Cant miss it
Hope you find it!
Brendan

lmb
07-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Hi - just recently bought a 2nd cream corner suite which needed lots of TLC and seemed to be attacked with some harsh cleaner (prob Jif or something)....

have to say previous poster recommending toothpaste did get some ink off it

for cleaning i have used "Silcocks Base"...big tub of mosituriser you get in any chemist for dry skin like execema which can be used as soap and with lather and at same time keeps moisture in the leather and only costs about 5 euro for a huge tub....... i have tried other tips on my other suite like hair-spray which will get rid of ink but does no good to the area you use it on!