PDA

View Full Version : making trousers fit

jeana
17-01-2009, 01:51 AM
The recession has hit- I now have to make all my tight trousers fit me as the new years weight loss programme is not working- I want cake----havn't had any for over a week and havn't lost a pound ....anyway
Green tips-
Yes--- please save my tight trousers from the landfill- how can I make them bigger- I have elastic and thread but I was wondering what the best aproach would be....
Any suggestions- or if anyone would like to post me a cake...lol

Only
17-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Jeana,
There are things you can buy called waist expanders but I'm sure if you're anyways handy (unlike me :-) ), you could make a version of them.
What it is is a glorified piece/ length (only about an inch or so between the button and the hole or as much as you need to 'expand' the trousers) of thick heavy elastic with a button hole on one end and a button on the other - the button goes into the button hole of your trousers and the button of your trousers goes into the button hole on the expander.
There are different kinds of these - some with pieces of material in the colour of the trousers, that goes inside the zipper so there's no 'flashing' :D.
I don't have a link right now but if you google them you will see what I mean. There are loads on ebay and also they are usually stocked in nursery shops for pregnant women.
Hope that helps

Ocker
17-01-2009, 01:09 PM
Poor Jeana’s been hit by the slump
And has grown a little more plump
Though cake is her passion
She’s still thinking of fashion
Ideas please, or the trousers go straight to the dump

Mumof3
17-01-2009, 01:48 PM
Regarding waist expanders you could also put and elastic band through the hole where the button goes and then clasp it onto the button... I did this when I was pregnant and it works really well but you do need to have a top or shirt etc covering the top of the trousers...

4eyes
17-01-2009, 10:12 PM
Cut waistband over backseam and unpick an inch or so of back seam then insert a V piece of material and hand sew all around neatly when you loose the weight just undo it.

jeana
17-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Ocker,
Thanks for the poem hee hee, very good- lol
hmmm, Thanks for all the ideas the trousers arn't going to the dump...Yeeahh
I bought an Oxford lunch cake today- twas yummy...diet starts Monday as usual ...lol probably ends next Saturday as usual lol...ah well there's always Dawn French as a role model...
Thanks for all the help everyone I'll sit down with my Tea, Cake and Big brother and get stitching...
Nighty Night
Jeana