PDA

View Full Version : recycling appliances...

easyliving
30-01-2009, 05:15 PM
I just saw this on the gum tree site and thought it would be good to pass on..

Hi there , I am an IRISH guy , been working in Southern Africa for the last few years and have seen some shameful things. While we in Ireland have enjoyed our coffees and lattes we seem have lost our identity .Ireland used to be a very nice place, we enjoyed our civil liberties and our freedom after many years of hardship and oppression.We have allowed our country to become a consumerist society,While millions of children are dying through no fault of their own we on this little ROCK have being spending money at an alarming rate, WHY? Because ,"I want all stainless appliances in my kitchen", I want new chintzs and curtains in the living room"etc ,when there is nothing wrong with the stuff we are discarding,its shameful.Irelande semper fidelis or something like that was said by one of the Popes, we call ourselves Christian here in Ireland,do you honestly think thats the case now ?If you believe that there is REALLYa Heaven,which I very much doubt do you think that the likes of you and me are going to be let in,I dont thinks so.NOW TO THE PUNCHLINE. Im not a walking saint or a get rich quick merchant ,I am just an ordinary guy ,born in Rathfarnham in Dublin and at the moment I am living(I use the term loosely)in Maynooth.
I am both an electrician and technician by trade, The help I m asking from you is, Ye know all those electronic appliances that you drop off and discard in the unfillable "RECYCLING"bin,they are full of really good components etc that are very valuable and with a bit of Irish know how can be put to good use and effectively save peoples lives, both adults and children at no cost to you. Please think about it ,please.You can e mail me at ronanbronagan2007@yahoo.ie or bangie2004@hotmail.com which is the e mail address of the company which I am a chairman in of in Africa.Please note I am not a registered charity but hopefully soon will be , I am just an ordinary Irish guy who remembers his father telling him when I was a little boy ,that,"WE CAN ALL MAKE A DIFFERENCE",
Thanks for reading.
Ronan.

julfren
30-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I wonder if Ronan means that he wants the used appliances left somewhere other than at the recycling centres. I will send him an email. Thanks easyliving for drawing our attention to this.
Jul

easyliving
30-01-2009, 08:27 PM
Hi, I just called Ronan and he will write how he runs things and about collection, ect