PDA

View Full Version : Old Car Wheels - Into Flower Pots!

jennie
19-02-2009, 11:00 AM
Anyone every heard of this one???

Basically All you need is an old tyre still on the rim, a sharp Knife (that won't break) & propably someone strong for turning it inside out!

Just lie the wheel flat & cut about 6IN or more out from the rim through the rubber all the way around, Can cut in triangle, bumpy or just plain circle.

Once it's cut all the way around & no bits of rubber still connecting, flip the wheel on it's side and start kind of turning the wheel inside out.

It pops out kind of like the shape of a babycham glass (best way I could think of putting it), with the rim being your stem & the 6in of rubber or however much being your foot.

You can leave it as it is & paint the rim black & have a big unusual black flower put or paint it any colour & just put some durable plastic inside over the holes in the rim, fill it up with compost & plant away!!

Haven't a pic here, my mam has these made the past years!!

jjkbl37
27-08-2009, 11:23 PM
God that brings me back!!!! My Mammy used to have two in her garden, lorry tyres painted black and white to match the cottage, looked really well too. Thinking about it, when getting my tyres changed for the NCT, there was a sign up in the garage stating the extra charges for disposal of old tyres, daresay if you were polite (or cheeky) enough you could get as many as you want free!!