PDA

View Full Version : answering wanted section

lillylalogue
05-11-2006, 05:46 PM
is it normal practice for someone to reply to a wanted item, telling the person they have what you are looking only for them to give it to someone else.the other person came onto my thread and hijacked the items although maybe this was'nt their intention?
this someone else i suspect is on the site. i mean its me who has to do the travelling and i certainly was'nt rude so im a bit miffed to be told over a week later that the item/s are gone. why did he give them to the other person instead of me when he replyed to my thread. hope i'm not offending anyone just feel a little unfairly treated, it may be that it was done unintentionally?

Aceshigh
05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Unfortunatly The Giver Can Decide To Give To Anyone They Chose It Is Normally Because They Are Getting Rid Of The Item Quicker And Unfortunatly There Is Nothing The Taker Can Do This Is Where Someones Manners Come Into It And The Gentlemans Agreement Unfortunatly I Have Been Told A Few Times That It Isnt Worth Me Travelling From Kilkenny For Items That Are Being Offered And They Have Made My Decision For Me Unfortunatly They Dont Know My Circumstances As In My Job I Travel Around Southern Ireland And Can Collect Items Whilst In My Travels But As I Said Some People Think They Know Whats Better For Me And I Do Feel Unfairly Treated At Times But At The End Of The Day The Giver Can Give To Anyone They Choose So Better Luck Next Time And Hope You Get What You Are Looking For
..thanx
....wayne

lillylalogue
05-11-2006, 06:19 PM
understand what you are trying to say and agree about giver giving to convient person but was just a bit annoyed that my thread was hijacked, this too is not manners as giver would probably not have given to someone else if thread was'nt hijacked.

blackbeauty
05-11-2006, 06:32 PM
is it normal practice for someone to reply to a wanted item, telling the person they have what you are looking only for them to give it to someone else.the other person came onto my thread and hijacked the items although maybe this was'nt their intention?
this someone else i suspect is on the site. i mean its me who has to do the travelling and i certainly was'nt rude so im a bit miffed to be told over a week later that the item/s are gone. why did he give them to the other person instead of me when he replyed to my thread. hope i'm not offending anyone just feel a little unfairly treated, it may be that it was done unintentionally?

I personally feel it is wrong for someone else to come into a wanted add thread other than to offer the owner of the thread the item or info on how to get it.

Aceshigh
05-11-2006, 06:47 PM
The Problem I Had Was That It Was Said That I Had Got The Items So I Told The People That I Was Getting Them For And So You See Not Only Is It Me That Gets Dissappointed But The Ones That I Was Meant To Be Passing Onto Aswell I Suppose That It Sounds Silly That We Get So Worked Up As It Is Someone Elses Rubbish But At The End Of The Day One Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure So If You Are A Giver Please Consider The Thoughts Of Everyone That Might Be Involved And Appreciate That You Have Promised To One Person So You Should Make Good On That Promise And Likewise If You Are A Taker You Should Also Appreciate That You Shouldnt Push Into A Que Just Because You Can If You Were At A Chip Shop And Someone Pushed Infront You Wouldnt Like It Now Would You So Please Giver Or Taker Be Polite And Give The Respect That Everyone Deserves After All There Is Always Tomorrow So Please Be Patient
..thanx
....wayne

blackbeauty
05-11-2006, 07:01 PM
The Problem I Had Was That It Was Said That I Had Got The Items So I Told The People That I Was Getting Them For And So You See Not Only Is It Me That Gets Dissappointed But The Ones That I Was Meant To Be Passing Onto Aswell I Suppose That It Sounds Silly That We Get So Worked Up As It Is Someone Elses Rubbish But At The End Of The Day One Mans Trash Is Another Mans Treasure So If You Are A Giver Please Consider The Thoughts Of Everyone That Might Be Involved And Appreciate That You Have Promised To One Person So You Should Make Good On That Promise And Likewise If You Are A Taker You Should Also Appreciate That You Shouldnt Push Into A Que Just Because You Can If You Were At A Chip Shop And Someone Pushed Infront You Wouldnt Like It Now Would You So Please Giver Or Taker Be Polite And Give The Respect That Everyone Deserves After All There Is Always Tomorrow So Please Be Patient
..thanx
....wayne

Well said, ACESHIGH!

buffy
05-11-2006, 08:26 PM
I always always look on the wanted threads 1st. And have giving away many items on it,then I get someone else wanting the same item even though they know that this item is promised,the pms then start from other people too.
Very frustrating.I beleive if someone posts on a wanted thread then they will take that item if offered.Its quicker to as the person usually collects the item same day which is great.
Thats my opinion anyway.

Aceshigh
05-11-2006, 08:58 PM
Hi Buffy If I Was To Put Everything On The Wanted Items That Everyone Has Asked Me To Look For Then It Would Take Up A Whole Ten Pages (ok Slight Exageration Only 9 Pages) And If I Say I Am Looking For A Three Piece Suite I Wont Take The Item If It Looks Like Some Of The Items That Are Offered I Mean Have You Seen The State Of Certain Items They Arent Even Fit For The Dump So Although I Am Wanting I Am Not Too Desperate Which Is Why I Prefer My Chances On Trying To Be First On A Thread Not That This Helps Me Get The Item First And I Will However Keep Looking At The Wanted Section To See If Anyone There Has Missed What Is On Offer And Let Both Parties Know And Talking Of Parties Did You See The Glass Recycling In The Forum Section
..thanx
....wayne

buffy
05-11-2006, 09:45 PM
Hi Buffy If I Was To Put Everything On The Wanted Items That Everyone Has Asked Me To Look For Then It Would Take Up A Whole Ten Pages (ok Slight Exageration Only 9 Pages) And If I Say I Am Looking For A Three Piece Suite I Wont Take The Item If It Looks Like Some Of The Items That Are Offered I Mean Have You Seen The State Of Certain Items They Arent Even Fit For The Dump So Although I Am Wanting I Am Not Too Desperate Which Is Why I Prefer My Chances On Trying To Be First On A Thread Not That This Helps Me Get The Item First And I Will However Keep Looking At The Wanted Section To See If Anyone There Has Missed What Is On Offer And Let Both Parties Know And Talking Of Parties Did You See The Glass Recycling In The Forum Section
..thanx
....wayne
I know where you are coming from but what I meant was that I always look at the wanted section before I post up an item.I have never received an item through the wanted section though I have been trying for a while for a SWIVEL CHAIR.The wanted section is a great for jogging my memory as to what items I have to give away too.

buffy
05-11-2006, 09:56 PM
I would never give it to anybody else unless the 1st poster hasnt got back to me in a few days,this happened only once to me,after 6 days and many pms no response so I offered it to the next poster.The 1st poster wasnt a "happy bunny"
but after 6 days and pms I felt the person wasnt in a hurry to collect.
lillylaogue maybe the giver wanted shut of the item/items quicker than waiting over a week for you to collect! Correct me if I am wrong.But over a week would be a bit long for me to wait for someone to collect.I want to get rid of items pronto.

Aceshigh
05-11-2006, 10:02 PM
I Like That Little Plug There About The Chair So What Are You Looking For In A Swivel Chair And I Will See If I Can Help You Find One Suitable I Have Also Found That In The Wanted Section There Are So Many Pages I Get Bored Of Looking All The Way Through So I Only Go About 3/4 Pages In But I Will Try And Help Anyone I Can I Am Also Collecting Some Things From A Friend On Monday So Will Be Posting Up Some Things So I Can Give Back To The Comunity
..thanx
....wayne

buffy
05-11-2006, 10:42 PM
I Like That Little Plug There About The Chair So What Are You Looking For In A Swivel Chair And I Will See If I Can Help You Find One Suitable I Have Also Found That In The Wanted Section There Are So Many Pages I Get Bored Of Looking All The Way Through So I Only Go About 3/4 Pages In But I Will Try And Help Anyone I Can I Am Also Collecting Some Things From A Friend On Monday So Will Be Posting Up Some Things So I Can Give Back To The Comunity
..thanx
....wayne
If you ever come across one I would be greatful
Thanks

Aceshigh
05-11-2006, 10:46 PM
will keep my eyes open for you

buffy
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
will keep my eyes open for you
After a long wait I finally received one today from hedgehog,a lovely lady
and I am grateful to her.So it does pay to wait.

Chris P
09-11-2006, 03:02 PM
The Wanted Section: There Are So Many Pages I Get Bored Of Looking All The Way Through So I Only Go About 3/4 Pages

Hi Aceshigh,

Have you tried the search function in the Wanted Forum? Simply click on "Search this Thread" (on the top right of the Wanted Forum) and enter a key word such as "desk" or "bike". This brings up a list of all those who are looking for these items.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

jumblelover
10-11-2006, 11:01 PM
..thanx
....wayne

Wayne Typing Like This Is Very Hard To Read
BUT typing like this is easier to read and far quicker to type too. Just a thought !

Aceshigh
10-11-2006, 11:10 PM
THANX CHRIS P I AM ALWAYS LEARNING HOW TO USE THIS FANTASTIC SITE AND FOR JUMBLEOVER SORRY I WILL TRY AND REMEMBER TO TURN OFF MY CAPS LOCK when i am typing but it does confuse me when i try and put in my passwords on other sites as i forget to put it back on and many is a time i have reset my password because of it but will try
..thanx
....wayne

Gra
12-11-2006, 04:22 PM
was just thinking that I personally don't seem to notice the wanted area of the forum when I come to the main screen until I'm finished reading new posts (obviously from top to bottom - or from furniture downwards). Not sure how possible it would be but "wanted" might get a bit more attention if it was nearer the top of the page where the most popular categories are..... anyway, just a thought!

Chris P
12-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Not sure how possible it would be but "wanted" might get a bit more attention if it was nearer the top of the page where the most popular categories are.

Hi Gra,

Thanks for the feedback. The developers of the site were primarily interested in helping people Give and Take, and the "Wanted" forum was something of an afterthought. They seem to be happy enough with its present location though I'll pass on your views.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Aceshigh
12-11-2006, 09:07 PM
THANX COVELAY. WILL TRY AND USE PUNCTUATION IN MY WRITTING,ALTHOUGH I .NEVER WAS MUCH, GOOD AT THIS :SUBJECT; BUT,,,WILL TRY MY BEST
..THANX
....WAYNE p.s. only messing in this post as i know there should only be two commas in a row maximum. lol
but it does make you read my posts and study them though