PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the Good Word - Recycling.

Oddjob
08-11-2006, 03:46 PM
Hi folks,

when I was recycling some heavy duty stuff like waste metal and a bust fridge up in Ballyogan Park recently, I noticed that a lot of people were dumping items in perfect nick. I saw good suites of furniture thrown out, as well as chairs and other re-usable items. Is it possible you could advertise this website in Ballyogan, and maybe all re-cycle parks, perhaps in poster form? People doing regular recycling of domestic products might think twice before returning with the bulkier non-recyclable items. Just a thought,

Oddjob

ps congrats on such a great website here.

Aceshigh
08-11-2006, 04:28 PM
Is There Anyway That The People Who Work In This Sort Of A Place Can Put Certain Bits To One Side And Get Onto This Website To Give Them Away Or Would There Be A Legal Thingy About It Just Wondered As It Does Seem A Huge Waste
..thanx
....wayne

Chris P
08-11-2006, 08:02 PM
Is it possible you could advertise this website in Ballyogan, and maybe all re-cycle parks, perhaps in poster form? People doing regular recycling of domestic products might think twice before returning with the bulkier non-recyclable items.

Nice idea, Oddjob! I'll pass it on to the marketing team.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)

Chris P
08-11-2006, 08:21 PM
Is There Anyway That The People Who Work In This Sort Of A Place [Local Authority recycle parks/centres] Can Put Certain Bits To One Side And Get Onto This Website To Give Them Away Or Would There Be A Legal Thingy About It Just Wondered As It Does Seem A Huge Waste

Another good idea, Aceshigh, though I think it might be unworkable for legal reasons (as you say), and also because of the extra work involved for the hard-working staff of these recycle centres.

An easier solution would be to ensure that members of the public do not go to a recycle centre with useful/re-usable/life-cyclable goods in the first place. The public's awareness of their environmental options is growing but needs to increase. The JumbleTown option seems convenient and sensible but unfortunately it isn't available to everyone because of issues surrounding computer access and, to a certain, the time that one needs to invest in managing one's posts/ads.

The public's attitude towards life-cycling and recycling is changing but more work needs to be done. Luckily, JumbleTowners are leading by example, and the situation can only get better.

Regards
Chris P
(Admin)