PDA

View Full Version : Superman

Poppy
03-04-2009, 02:45 PM
Hiya. Just to let all of you whom had posted replies to the superman dummy thread some time ago, we had our art exhibition last week. In the end the piece I had the idea for did not quite work out, it is still a work in progress. Anyway I did put superman in the exhibition. Here is a pic of him there, where he was immensly popular. I put in some pics of the other work which were part of the same project just for you to see. Sorry that the pics are so blurry, they were ok before I uploaded them, dont know what I did!

elbo
03-04-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Poppy,
Glad to see Superman is still alive and doing well.
I'm sure the exhibition went wonderfully and was enjoyed by all.
I particularly love the painting of the backs of the three lads. Did you paint that yourself. The colours are very vibrant.
Good luck with your project.

Poppy
04-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Hi Elbo, Thanks for that. Yes these paintings are all mine. Its nice to hear that you like that one. Exhibition went really well thanks. Apologies again that the photos are so blurry. Thanks again for superman, he was a big hit.

bluecurlygirl
04-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Well done Poppy. You're very talented. The paintings are fantastic and obviously superman went to a good home - he looks hail and hearty and I have to say I'm quite jealous of you having a dark handsome broody looking man like that - ah well.

unapam
05-04-2009, 12:18 PM
He looks great. Love the rest of the pics too. Thanks!

Chris P
05-04-2009, 12:34 PM
Hi Poppy,

Great to see that Superman has settled into his new home.

Also, I really like your "figures in streetscapes" paintings -- very impressive work. Proof once again that JumbleTowners are a talented bunch!

Well done and thanks for sharing!

Regards
Chris P
Admin

colmsmum
06-04-2009, 10:36 AM
Lol! Superman looks cool! Love your paintings too, your very talented.

jenniferalan
07-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Hi Poppy, congrats and well done! Just wondering do u have a website I would love to see more of your art

elbo
07-04-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi Poppy, congrats and well done! Just wondering do u have a website I would love to see more of your art

Yes, I would also Poppy.

Eily
07-04-2009, 06:38 PM
Hi Poppy,
Your work is great - Superman & the paintings. Was it a college project ? The space the exhibition was in looks pretty cool too, where is it?
Anyhow, I love the paintings and Superman. (by the way - where does Superman live now that he's all dolled up? Still with you, I hope? ) lol.
Congrats on all.
Eily

Poppy
07-04-2009, 10:23 PM
Hi everyone, thanks so much for your lovely comments. The exhibition was part of a college project and it was held in Westgate Heritage Centre in Wexford. It is a really cool building and the borough council very kindly let us use it. Superman is currently in residence in my studio space in college where he is freeking out people because they keep thinking he is real when they catch a glimpse of him. He will be coming home with me soon though. I don't have a website as yet, funnily enough I just started building one today.It wont be live until the end of next week at the earliest . (the address will be oonaghlatchford.com )I have some paintings on tailcast.com if you want to have a look. They are a real mix of stuff I have done since first year and are not in any particular order. the link is:

http://oonaghlatchford.tailcast.com/

By now you will have noticed that poppy is only my online name, cover blown now! Incidentially have noticed in the last week several people wearing superman teeshirts around wexford, obviously a new craze started by our mannequin! (might as well claim the credit for it anyway!) .

elbo
12-04-2009, 07:16 PM
Well done and Congratulations on your pictures in the Tailcast. They are brilliant. I think you will go really far!!!
Great location for your exhibition too. Bet you get distinctions for those pictures.

Poppy
14-04-2009, 10:37 AM
Thanks so much, very kind of you to post such kind comments.