PDA

View Full Version : Repurposed Sheet & Scraps = A Morsbag

unapam
08-04-2009, 09:11 PM
My friend in England sent me this gorgeous bag as a present. It is made from an old sheet and small scraps of fabric. It is a Morsebag which is an eco shopping bag.

There is a fabulous website and their aim is to replace plastic bags with recycled bags (this is in England where they don't have the plastic bag levy)

The site gives detail of how damaging plastic bags are to wildlife especially in the sea.

One can get the pattern free from the site and labels are also available if wanted.

Great idea - I love mine and use it to store my knitting. Remember these cost nothing to make and each one is said to save thousands of plastic bags going into circulation....

Details here:
http://www.morsbags.com/

hackytza
09-04-2009, 07:34 PM
This bag is beautiful.

Bubbles2
09-04-2009, 08:43 PM
Hi Unapam
The bags are gorgeous - you are so talented!!! Did you sew these pieces on by hand or do you machine sew them?
B2

unapam
09-04-2009, 09:21 PM
Hi Bubbles. I didn not make it myself but I am going to snap the pattern and make one. My friend made it and gave it to me. Thanks so much for the craft books I love them. Best wishes..Pam

Bubbles2
09-04-2009, 09:33 PM
Hi Bubbles. I didn not make it myself but I am going to snap the pattern and make one. My friend made it and gave it to me. Thanks so much for the craft books I love them. Best wishes..Pam

Delighted they went to a good home where they will be used more than when I had them lol

hackytza
10-04-2009, 02:28 PM
Knowing you Unapam, I don't think you need a patern to make a bag like that :-)
Happy Easter to Everybody!

Scrabble
08-11-2009, 09:50 PM
This is a great idea and I want to make a few for christmas gifts. I know they will be used and appreciated.(alot more than a candle or bath set!). And the site link is brilliant. Thanks.

B_Happy
24-11-2009, 11:16 PM
What a lovely idea! I would definitely consider making one as it's easy to sew or so you say? Well done on being so creative. It would make a nice pressie for Christmas??