PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for boys room

fuzzball
22-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Hi my son is 3 years old i have only a bed for him i looking for ideas that i can use for example what can i use to store his clothes i'd like if he had something nice in his room has anyone got any ideas please would be great thanks

colmsmum
23-07-2009, 12:18 AM
Hi fuzzball,

Perhaps you could do something like this pic using a hanging rail and maybe an mdf shelf above it painted a nice bright colour. You could also create shelves on the bottom to store things like t-shirts and tops and perhaps little storage boxes below them for the likes of socks and underwear. You could hang a curtain or voile from the top shelf or another hanging rail placed in front of the shelf so the curtain can be pulled back. I know this will cost a bit of money but perhaps you could put a wanted ad up for the material needed.

Hope this helps and good luck with the room,
Best regards,
colmsmum.

EDIT: This hanging rail is on sale in Argos at the moment, perhaps you could work around it...

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8752714/Trail/searchtext%3ECLOTHES+RAIL.htm

bluecurlygirl
23-07-2009, 12:58 AM
You can buy aluminium poles in any hardware shop & fittings to screw into the walls (also great for shower rails!). Cover it with a curtain or buy a dust sheet and tie-dye it or using fabric paint, paint it with his favourite characters. Perhaps you could get some material on here. Perhaps you could get a wardrobe on here too. Good luck with it all.

fuzzball
25-07-2009, 09:04 AM
Thanks for your ideas i couldnt think of any at all there all brill will be trying this out